Oldarmy

New old guy here

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

:text-welcomeconfetti:        :wh:,        nice to have you here, a fine example you have, best of luck with it.

Glenn

• Like 2

KC9KAS

@Oldarmy :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

• Like 2

AMC RULES

68143.gif.78dce5cacb0fd997313af11c86bd4ea1.gifhdr-logo-100b.png.0666bac82c8219a507377a5194d94eec.png

• Like 2

farmer

Welcome to RS Oldarmy, you'll find this forum the best reference for all things wheel horse plus the members are top notch. :text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 2

pfrederi

You would pay 2-3 times that at a big box store for a unit that will not last near as long.

Can you see a model number tag on the deck?.  The we can be sure you get the right stuff for spindle repair.

• Like 4

elliot ness

Welcome to Red Square where you can enjoy a world full of wheel horse knowledge. Just ask and you shall receive. :text-welcomeconfetti: And nice tractor .

• Like 1

roadapples

:WRS:    Always room for another "old fart"  :ychain:

• Like 5

Thegearhead0324

Welcome! I hope you find the forum and people here as friendly and useful as I have. Enjoy the new old ride.

• Like 2

Digger 66

WELCOME ! 

• Like 2

12 hp Kohler

Very nice tractor and :text-welcomeconfetti:to:rs:

• Like 2

jay bee

That is a beautiful B-80 you have there.  Members here will be glad to help you out with any questions or problems you may have.  :text-welcomewave: to  :rs:

Jim

• Like 3

Oldarmy

Thank you all for the welcomes and responses. To answer as to the number on the deck plate I did not record that number. Just bought this this morning about 30 mins from my location. The man I got it from is also going to deliver it to me in the next couple of days. I will post it then and will welcome any help with the spindle ID. As I say I don't have much experience with these but I always thought they were very cool. I've been lusting after one of these old girls and glad I found a nice (I hope) one.   Any one have specs on the weight of these B80's ? Not a ton of info it seems on these that I have found.

• Like 4

953 nut
4 minutes ago, Oldarmy said:

have specs on the weight of these B80's ?

This brochure should provide a lot of info.

1975_Brochure_reduce.pdf

• Like 1

can whlvr

looks like a 36inch deck,it will probally have the one piece spindle with bearings and spindle as one unit,but we will need deck numbers first

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

:WRS: you have found the best place on the net for anything :wh: related...Lots of very knowledgeable folks here who are more than happy to help with any questions you may have...Looks like a nice tractor you bought...But beware these little things like to multiply

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs:

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 1

BOB ELLISON

I also have a 1977 B80 and they are great tractors. They were made from 1974- 1977. There are manuals here in the manual section and the 75 manual is the same for all years 74-77. My deck is a 36 rear discharge and I also had to replace the spindles. Look for a tag on the deck if none there it might be a 

75-36xr01 rear discharge

75-36ms01 side discharge

These were the decks that came with the 77 B80. Something that will help is to go to top and do a search for b80 decks and spindle replacement .

You came to the best place for Wheel horse knowledge in the world. I should know I was just like you with my first wheel horse. And I'm old navy

• Like 3

BOB ELLISON

I think the weight of it is about 570 pounds but I'm not sure if that is with or without deck.

• Like 1

JC 1965

:WRS:

• Like 1

WHX??
12 hours ago, Oldarmy said:

As I say I don't have much experience with these

Don't worry about that, tons of experience here! :)

• Like 2

Oldarmy

Thanks for the info so far very helpful, and 953nut thanks for posting that very cool brochure, I saved it. I do believe it is side discharge and I hope to get it tomorrow if the weather holds. Expecting another Nor'easter here in NH Friday into Saturday.  Hope it just scoots on by. I'm tired of moving snow. If it is a one piece spindle what could I expect to pay for a replacement if anyone knows?

• Like 2

TDF5G

That's a mighty fine lookin' :wh:.

• Like 1

BOB ELLISON

That deck should use a 1 peace spindle and I replaced all 3 for less then $100.00. But if there badly rusted you will have a hard time trying to got them off without destroying the pulleys. I did a post on how I got the bad double pully off without destroying the pully. Search for (spindle replacement) in the search icon top right of site . this will give you an idea of what a bad spindle can be like.  Use lots of penetrating oil and let it soak in . try this

Edited by BOB ELLISON
  • Like 1