Amcwheel85

60 inch deck worth?

Amcwheel85

The guys that's bringing me the Massey ferguson and wheel horse C-175 just asked me if I would be interested in a 5ft 3 blade wheel horse deck. Says it's nice and is all there... I've only had 42 inch decks so what does price range for these decks? I don't really need it but if I buy it may just sell it but idk yet

• Like 2

JAinVA

In my part of VA the 60 inch deck goes for $450 to $550.That is at least the asking price.Never wanted one enough to follow up.JAinVA

• Like 3

Amcwheel85

Well the reasons I ask is because he is bringing it with him and said we could discuss the price. I don't want to overpay but he also said it would be reasonable. 

• Like 1

HorseFixer

I'm with JAinVA on thi that would be a fair price to pay. Maybe you can Arm Wrestle him down a bit if so the lower the better.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Amcwheel85

Well if it's nice deck I hope I can get it cheap and if I sell it I can pass the savings on to a member here!

• Like 2

Aldon

I believe there are as many as 3 or more 60 inch decks. I think the D SERIES had a 60 inch deck or two. Woods style but I think maybe a belly deck too. The 520 style which is beastly heavy. And the C195 style which was licensed to wheel horse from Ariens. Like the 520 style the C195 decks command a strong price but buyers for 60 inch decks are less numerous. I like the C195 as it can be used with any tractor with attach-a-matic system as long as wheels clear and it's way lighter. I also like the finish cut it provides. But you need a large lawn to make it worth the trouble.

• Like 3

Amcwheel85

So from all 3 styles what's lowest price to highest? And how do I tell which is which other then weight? 

• Like 1

Aldon

It always comes down the condition.

I have this one for sell for 850 I think but it is totally rebuilt and comes with some scarce spare parts. 

Its a c195 style.

Although it was likely a once in a lifetime thing a new old stock one sold for 500.

assume low for used around 400.

Others will have to chime in on values for the others.

IMG_0202.thumb.PNG.0cccb8f32ed33b84a77e5462910e3291.PNG

• Like 3

Amcwheel85

Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I had my 520-8 deck listed for 450, it ran perfect, no problems, spindals good etc. no rust or holes etc. and that was with the mule, the 520 takes a certain one I believe. But I sold the tractor with the deck. Hope this helps. And yes BIG & HEAVY.

Glenn

• Like 2

Ken B

I saw Stevebo snag a real nice 60 inch deck at the Big Show for 250 bucks... Of course, we ARE talking about the original "NEGOTIATER" here folks so your negotiating skills may vary..... Glenn, I think your asking  price was more than fair...

• Like 4

Adams94

I would say regardless which deck it is, if it is nice, no rust, dents or holes, rotates nicely and all there I would offer him 200 and pay 300 if I had to, then you wont over pay.  they will bring $400-500 all day sometimes higher

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

A good 60" deck for a 520 with spring loaded mule drive should bring $600 every day.  

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 2

Amcwheel85

Well ed if my mule drive doesn't sell on eBay by then and this deck is for a 520 I will have both lol

shallowwatersailor
On 3/26/2017 at 10:42 PM, Aldon said:

I believe there are as many as 3 or more 60 inch decks. I think the D SERIES had a 60 inch deck or two. Woods style but I think maybe a belly deck too. The 520 style which is beastly heavy. And the C195 style which was licensed to wheel horse from Ariens. Like the 520 style the C195 decks command a strong price but buyers for 60 inch decks are less numerous. I like the C195 as it can be used with any tractor with attach-a-matic system as long as wheels clear and it's way lighter. I also like the finish cut it provides. But you need a large lawn to make it worth the trouble.

Sorry for getting on to this late. I have been meaning to comment on this all week. There is a fourth version and that was engineered by Toro for the 5xi series, the #78395. Besides the required change in attachment points, Toro engineered in a small wheel that drops down to assist in moving the deck sideways to attach/detach the deck. This and turning the front gage wheels sideways makes moving (not lifting!) this deck easier than the 52" and 48" decks.

58dbaa184cc98_WP_20170309_0061.thumb.jpg.2925ff16e5b8db6c8a9610805417f46b.jpg

58dbabef464ad_WP_20170309_0051.thumb.jpg.bc3859edeaf89b09d78c33361e5843df.jpg

• Like 4

WNYPCRepair

I sold my 60" for $300. I had two for the XI, so no need for another. 

Sarge

Man , wish they had done that with all the 48" and up decks...doesn't look too difficult to duplicate but not sure if most tractors using the 48" would have the room for those type of front casters..?

Sarge