Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Eaton 1100 adjustments

Sparky

On my 312-H the speed control lever creeps back to a slower speed. The manuals didn't help me much...can anyone tell me what to tighten/loosen.

Thanks, Mike.....

IMG_0261.JPG

IMG_0262.JPG

squonk

That big washer thingy is the tension adjustment. Also the big hex with the little bolt is your cam. It wears out as the arm slides on it creating slop. 

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

Sparky
4 minutes ago, squonk said:

That big washer thingy is the tension adjustment. Also the big hex with the little bolt is your cam. It wears out as the arm slides on it creating slop. 

Alrighty...going to keep snugging it a bit till it holds. Are there certain parts of this linkage stuff that we are NOT supposed to lube?

Mike.....

squonk

Do not lube that tensioner. 

• Like 1

Sparky

Thanks!

Mike...

lynnmor

If you take that locknut and washer off, you can either flip the washer or flatten it on sandpaper that is on a flat surface.  You can also remove the cam and do the same with the one underneath.  These things are always a bit troublesome.

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H

As I have learned on my 520s it's a fine line between being "too tight" and "too loose" , after you take it apart like @lynnmor said and cleaning it up I would suggest a new 3/8"-16 nyloc or metal lock nut, then driving it around with your 9/16" wrench making small adjustments tighter/looser as you drive around on the level up/down some slopes till you get it to stay put ,but not too tight that it "binds" or is hard to push/pull or return to center/neutral with the brake pedal, on a side note if you want a lubricant that won't attract dust/dirt/grass chaffe use dry graphite powder, Jeff.

• Like 4