Lane Ranger

What Is this part for?

Lane Ranger

I have a Wheel Horse part that I am not sure what it used for.     This looks to me like a lift piece for an attachment.    Could be mower deck,  cultivator,   mid-grader blade , etc.

It is offset a little by design.

Posting to see if any of the Red Square members can help properly I D this  thing.

015.JPG

014.JPG

013.JPG

Edited by Lane Ranger

wallfish

Snow blade lift link.

• Like 4

MalMac

I think  wallfish got it right. Possibly a grader blade lift link. Been so long since I looked at mine I don't remember. 

• Like 4

stevasaurus

Don't the lift links for blades have the little hoobie-doobies that go through the holes in the lift mechanism and then get the hair pins??

I think it is home made for a Wheel Horse, but not Wheel Horse.  :think:

• Like 6

ACman

To me it looks like a homemade liftlink for a 50" mid mount grader blade . Maybe @wheelhorseman1000 Could help out here :) ? He has a couple listed on :techie-ebay:or on the venders page if you want to compare . I would post some pics but I need to renew my membership :wacko: !

Edited by ACman
  • Like 7

Lane Ranger

The mid- graderblade lift link I have has pins  where the holes are in this part.   I am sure this is original wheel horse and not  homemade because I have seen another one before I just  can't recall where or what it was used for!  Might have been an early snowblade lift link like wallfish indicated but I  also thought the twin cultivator lift links  varied over the years and was something like this.   I have to go digging in the basement to find mine.

Here are pics of the mid-grader blade lift link I have and the solid snowplow lift link (for a 42 inch plow and is longer than part I am trying to I. D )

024.JPG

023.JPG

I just checked the mid-cultivator and the lift link is totally different on it.

025.JPG

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 3

W9JAB
On 3/26/2017 at 8:58 AM, wallfish said:

Snow blade lift link.

yep!

• Like 1

FatJackDurham

Backscratcher.... ^_^

• Like 2

TDF5G

The B, C series dozer blade lift link is not at all that long.  It's only a few inches long.  Notice the one on the left side of attached pic.

IMG_2853.JPG

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

Thanks .  Yes but the hard link that goes to the rockshaft   is longer on a B and C  series tractor.

That is what this is a photo of the lower one in photo..   The short link you show attached to the  center lift that rides up and down .   The longer one is a hard link to the upper rockshaft. 

024.JPG

• Like 1

WHX??
On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 11:35 AM, ACman said:

I would post some pics but I need to renew my membership

:angry-nono::kbutt:

Must be a real shame to have so many horse parts laying around you don't know what they are for! :ychain:

• Like 3

squonk
2 hours ago, WHX9 said:

:angry-nono::kbutt:

Must be a real shame to have so many horse parts laying around you don't know what they are for! :ychain:

I'm going to get a bunch of scrap, paint it all :wh: red and spread it all over Lane's camp site when he's sleeping at the show! :banana-linedance:

• Like 8

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:Hide a few in his Easter bonnet! :ychain::lol:

• Like 3

Lane Ranger

I am going to starting  writing what they are for in black marker as I know  I am going to have trouble remembering  as of now and in the future!

• Like 4

Lane Ranger

I do have lots of parts -no B.S. about  it!   This is another lift link but I know exactly what it is for.   This is the original 1054  54 inch snowplow link piece which was adjustable.   We had one original for a 1054  and only had one plow.   I bought a N.O. S.  54 inch plow for $100 several years ago.  It did not have the hard link  which when installed on the plow the hydro pump will lift the 1054  about five or six inches off the ground.

T.T. (Terry Robinson)  had three of these posted for sale on another internet site and asked if anyone new what they were.   I did and bought all three!   

Yes I have parts, three pre-1965 snowplow in the basement and two in the garage!

006.JPG

008.JPG

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 4

TDF5G
19 hours ago, Lane Ranger said:

Thanks .  Yes but the hard link that goes to the rockshaft   is longer on a B and C  series tractor.

That is what this is a photo of the lower one in photo..   The short link you show attached to the  center lift that rides up and down .   The longer one is a hard link to the upper rockshaft. 

My tractors have a threaded, L shaped rod with a trunion that attaches to the rock shaft

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

TDF5:   I think you are referring to the lift link bar that the mower deck attaches to with the L shaped rod and trunnion that hangs down.   The short lift does attach to the lift link  but the snowplow hard link is longer and the top can attach to the rockshaft.   The rockshaft  is attached to the left handle and has  holes on the upper link.   

I keep one of these sheets in  every three ring binder I have on tractors and attachments as it is a handy reference!

Wheel Horse Lift Reference Shgeet.jpg

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 1