Junkjunkie

Ark loader D-160

Junkjunkie

Hello. I've had alot of different tractors growning up but never messed around with a wheelhorse before. Ok, I had a friend give me a 550 ark loader  off  a D-160 all stripped down in pieces ,everything but the bucket.I tried to find a tractor to fit it and bought a 1987 418-8 from a municipal auction in mint shape.. I started researching the loader install and found out about the D series tractors..Two days later I traded the 418 for a D-160 ,an awesome score in my eyes..Then spent two more days trying to teach my wife the difference between rust and patina..Now almost done the tractor runs mint and the loader is on it but I need some help on running the hydraulic hoses and the lines. I haven't been able to find a diagram online on where the hoses and steel lines go. Also I have to build a front bucket and was looking to get some info on that also like the thickness of the metal and the width..Thanks in advance. Chip..

• Like 4

DTOM

Welcome, i can give you the answers to all of your questions. Just give me till tomorrow evening.

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

May want to check out this thread...

Sooo. I'm trying to work on a transmission. Son says I'm getting to old to haul mulch by hand come spring. Me. Whatever! Two hours later and scrap laying around, he came up with this. Don't even have to get off tractor to hook up! What a guy!! Thanks buddy!!
  • Like 1

Digger 66

Welcome aboard Junkjunkie

• Like 1

elliot ness

Welcome to Red Square. :text-welcomeconfetti:

elliot ness
13 hours ago, Junkjunkie said:

Hello. I've had alot of different tractors growning up but never messed around with a wheelhorse before. Ok, I had a friend give me a 550 ark loader  off  a D-160 all stripped down in pieces ,everything but the bucket.I tried to find a tractor to fit it and bought a 1987 418-8 from a municipal auction in mint shape.. I started researching the loader install and found out about the D series tractors..Two days later I traded the 418 for a D-160 ,an awesome score in my eyes..Then spent two more days trying to teach my wife the difference between rust and patina..Now almost done the tractor runs mint and the loader is on it but I need some help on running the hydraulic hoses and the lines. I haven't been able to find a diagram online on where the hoses and steel lines go. Also I have to build a front bucket and was looking to get some info on that also like the thickness of the metal and the width..Thanks in advance. Chip..

Here are a few pics of an Ark 550 that I put on an old MF maybe this will help on where the lines go.

S3700003.JPG

S3700004.JPG

S3700006.JPG

S3700007.JPG

S3700002.JPG

• Like 2

DougC

:text-coolphotos: Nice job elliot. :handgestures-thumbupright:.

Hello and :text-welcomeconfetti: to the forum junkjunkie. :)

pfrederi
4 hours ago, elliot ness said:

Here are a few pics of an Ark 550 that I put on an old MF maybe this will help on where the lines go.

S3700003.JPG

S3700004.JPG

S3700006.JPG

S3700007.JPG

S3700002.JPG

Curious about the filter on the suction line.  Is that to replace the mesh filter in the reservoir??  Is it a special filter?? from what I have read suction filters (really mesh screens) are fairly coarse 149 microns...return line filters are much finer 10 microns

• Like 2

elliot ness
1 hour ago, pfrederi said:

I always put an inline filter on all my loader projects.  And never had any flow problems, but first I always flush out the reservoir ,                                                                                                                                            and all cylinders and pump and controls.

Curious about the filter on the suction line.  Is that to replace the mesh filter in the reservoir??  Is it a special filter?? from what I have read suction filters (really mesh screens) are fairly coarse 149 microns...return line filters are much finer 10 microns

KC9KAS

@Junkjunkie :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

If you spent any time at all lurking on Red Square, you know that photos are mandatory!

• Like 2

pfrederi

Here are few shots of the ARC on my D200

The standard bucket is 4' long seem to be 1/8" steel

The buckets do not have enough curl. 

Next time she is out I will try to get a picture of how the bucket mounts an why the curl could be improved.

IMG_0051.JPG

IMG_0052.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_0054.JPG

• Like 2

Junkjunkie

Awsome pictures, that'll help alot . I was pulling what little hair I have left out trying to put the puzzle of lines together.looking at each line and trying to match the rust marks to the clips on the boom is very tedious .I will take some pictures tomorrow .. thanks alot 

• Like 1

DTOM

pfrederi sent you some nice pictures that should get you set up. I have some similar pictures on my phone from my Ark 550 that i could text you also if needed. My number is (860)930-3354 if you need some added help.

• Like 1