96WS6TA

520h. Rip off

96WS6TA

520h2.JPG

32 minutes ago, HorseFixer said:

Is the one with bad engine the one against the wall?

no next to the grill

• Like 2

HorseFixer

Well how much did you pay for it? I paid $500.00 for that clunker in the link I listed Plus I think $100.00 to have it brought up from St Louie. So I had $600.00 in it and as you can see I res erected that one from the PITS OF HELL! :handgestures-thumbupright:  You rebuild that engine, clean i and touch up the tractor and you have a brand new tractor. That Tractor was most likely close to a $5000.00 to $6000.00 Tractor when new. 

96WS6TA
7 minutes ago, HorseFixer said:

Well how much did you pay for it? I paid $500.00 for that clunker in the link I listed Plus I think $100.00 to have it brought up from St Louie. So I had $600.00 in it and as you can see I res erected that one from the PITS OF HELL! :handgestures-thumbupright:  You rebuild that engine, clean i and touch up the tractor and you have a brand new tractor. That Tractor was most likely close to a $5000.00 to $6000.00 Tractor when new. 

$600. Rebuilds kits $1200. But think cyc is too scored

• Like 1

HorseFixer

You only need to spend around 900.00 for the kit you don't need valve springs and valves. Get ahold of TJ at OnanParts.com  you need to Mic the Cylinder I cant believe its scored more than .30 over.

96WS6TA
3 minutes ago, HorseFixer said:

You only need to spend around 900.00 for the kit you don't need valve springs and valves. Get ahold of TJ at OnanParts.com  you need to Mic the Cylinder I cant believe its scored more than .30 over.

Ya thanks man. Just a lil frustrated after finding this out.  Was waiting for the weather to break to finally dig into it and I get this bad news. Not a good day. And it's such a clean machine too 

• Like 1

HorseFixer
1 minute ago, 96WS6TA said:

Ya thanks man. Just a lil frustrated after finding this out.  Was waiting for the weather to break to finally dig into it and I get this bad news. Not a good day. And it's such a clean machine too 

I feel your pain! If it weren't for the fact that I am having this one delivered tomorrow 1994 729 hrs And shelling out WAY MORE than you paid, I would be tempted  to offer you the $600.00 you paid for it! This Tractor is coming from a member on here and has been well taken care of.

photo-2.thumb.JPG.b35b271f83ef15d680b2b1b526fc9aa0.JPG

MalMac

Unfortunately the old saying " Buyer Be Ware" bit you early. I would say that most of the guys/gals on here even with the best of knowledge have got burned one time or another. I know I have. Some times it's by a dishonest seller or it can be totally innocent. That fact is we are buying machines that are any ware from 10 to 60 years old. They are mechanical creatures thus they are subject to how they were treated and cared for. Shiney new looking paint can hide a whole host of problems.

I know how you feel. So now you set back and have to make some decisions. Take your time and make educated decisions. There is a whole lot of knowledge on this forum. All you have to do is ask.

• Like 5

elliot ness

Sorry for your Bad Onan, I got burned twice a long time ago. Now when ever I buy a twin, I unhook one plug at a time before I buy them, I bought a 520 and it seemed to run good, till I got home and tried to mow thick grass and not enough power, and once a Kohler twin sounded great and same problem. Both were a good lesson for me.

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H
9 hours ago, HorseFixer said:

That Tractor was most likely close to a $5000.00 to $6000.00 Tractor when new. 

When I bought my 520H Anniversary new (and by the serial # it's a1997) my dealer had a tag hanging off the steering wheel $7500 but with a CC for trade and $6300 with 48" deck out the door, (pics from about 7-8 yrs ago), and last year I bought a non running 523Dxi with 282hr that supposed to be an easy fix after finally tearing down the engine for an injection pump replacement that I had spent $1200 on, the crankshaft was ruined another $1000 point is the Onan is way cheaper to fix than a Briggs Daihatsu diesel engine that's $5000 new complete, fix that Onan, Jeff.

100_0460.JPG

100_0464.JPG

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 3

wildman
9 hours ago, 96WS6TA said:

520h2.JPG

no next to the grill

If this rig looks this good in person you better snag it.Lets say you have to do an engine swap it's still cheaper than buying a new MTD to mow your yard.

• Like 3

HorseFixer
21 minutes ago, wildman said:

If this rig looks this good in person you better snag it.Lets say you have to do an engine swap it's still cheaper than buying a new MTD to mow your yard.

Sing it Brother SING IT! That's my thinking, personally my thoughts are If the engine is too far gone I would find a better one and rebuild it and put it in there. Just too dang nice a Tractor to COBBLE up with a RE-POWER.   :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

96WS6TA
46 minutes ago, wildman said:

Yes it looks that good!

• Like 2