WHX??

A Walk Through a Boneyard

littleredrider

I'd pick up that round fender! I want another one some day, that one looks be in pretty good condition.  

WHX??

That's what grabbed my attention, the fenders do not have a dent on them and straight as much as this gem musta got tossed around!

T-Mo

The Ford tractor might be sellable to a Ford GT guy.  They are good GTs for sure, especially the round tube frame ones.

• Like 3

Mike'sHorseBarn

I once had an LGT 145 like that. Great tractor, but I sold it to buy another horse lol. Keep digging and see what you find! I love going on treasure hunts like that!

Mike

• Like 1

Achto

Nice find! Is this the honey hole you had mentioned a while ago?

WHX??
16 minutes ago, T-Mo said:

Ford tractor might be sellable to a Ford GT guy

I had thought that too Terry & the deck is buried under grass behind it. Have to see once I dig it out which is gonna be a real job!

1 minute ago, achto said:

honey hole you had mentioned a while ago?

Yah...had to go get some stuff that wasn't supposed to get scrapped ... so as long as I was there! My heart did miss a beat when I saw the horse but then sank when a saw the front legs had been cut off and also the seat spring torched. .... sorry no Mclean's that I saw ....yet!

• Like 2

Achto

If you need help digging, let me know. I'll bring a shovel.

• Like 2

Elkskin's mower junkyard

still see if he has other parts of wheel horse. maybe buy rest to save it lol

stevasaurus

Nice but it is not a 502 or a 61/62...it's got the lift adjustable star wheel.  That would make it a 1963.  :)

• Like 9

Tankman

Love treasure hunts! As previously noted the round fender ass'y I would grab.

The Ford GT might be fun too.

Keep us updated, we're nosey. :laughing-rofl:

• Like 1

HorseFixer

Nice Honey Hole!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

DougC

More like a gold mine. Just gotta do some digging...:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Shynon
4 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

Nice but it is not a 502 or a 61/62...it's got the lift adjustable star wheel.  That would make it a 1963.  :)

Yep I missed that part:hide:

• Like 2

rj35hunter

Probably is a 1963 633

• Like 2

AMC RULES

20170323_160948[1].jpg

:rolleyes:  Can't imagine why it's still sitting there.  :confusion-shrug:

Shynon
11 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

20170323_160948[1].jpg

:rolleyes:  Can't imagine why it's still sitting there.  :confusion-shrug:

He's waiting for some one from Minnesota to come over and pick it up when he's not looking :teasing-poke::hide:

• Like 2

AMC RULES

I'm thinking...

it does have some nice patina Tom.   :popcorn:

• Like 1

WHX??

LOL...you guys crack me up...come on over and get it Tom...just make sure you bring lotsa swap parts!!:lol: It's got a great patina Craig, sure do wish the rest of it was there

Correct me if I'm wrong fellas but are you saying '63 was the first year for the lift adjusters like that?

Edited by WHX9
  • Like 3

stevasaurus

Yes...unless some lawn ranger snuck in there on me.  I don't do lawn rangers.  :deadhorse:

Actually the parts that are there look real good, and it still has it's tranny.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 2

Elkskin's mower junkyard
11 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

Yes...unless some lawn ranger snuck in there on me.  I don't do lawn rangers.  :deadhorse:

Actually the parts that are there look real good, and it still has it's tranny.  :occasion-xmas:

midway through 62 they started putting adjusters for deck lever. my dads 502 has one. and guy i got parts fromg for both 701 and 502 and dads 753. the 62s in his yard majority has the adjuster

Edited by craftsmanmowerfreak

Racinbob
20 hours ago, WHX9 said:

LOL...you guys crack me up...come on over and get it Tom...just make sure you bring lotsa swap parts!!:lol: It's got a great patina Craig, sure do wish the rest of it was there

Correct me if I'm wrong fellas but are you saying '63 was the first year for the lift adjusters like that?

Yup Jim, as Steve said, 1963 was the first year. But after 50+ years and who knows what the previous owners swapped out it's impossible to confirm what actually came out of the factory. The best way to come close is by looking at a copy of the original parts list. Starting back in the 60's yours truly, still wet behind the ears, was 'upgrading' older tractors with the later improvements that came out. That was mainly due to a certain guy who worked at Wheel Horse and had a garage full of new parts but my supply ended when my Dad found out how he got all those parts. After all the years, if any of those old machines are still out there, the modifications would certainly now be assumed as original. It never ceases to amaze me how so many  parts are so interchangeable over the years and even decades but it sure drives us nuts at times trying to pinpoint a particular model. :think:

• Like 4

TravelinJavelin

I love going through boneyards like that .......I once too had a ford lgt 145 with a FEL on it a Johnson TC 10 great unit but still not as simple to work on as a WH for sure!

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Jim, you want to grab that Ford.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  Not only is the Ford a nice tractor, but a little Red, White and Blue in the shed in central Wisconsin is probably mandatory.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1

Terry M

I hope somebody does something with that Ford......I.M.O. ,Those are very Nice Tractors..    :)

• Like 2