Sign in to follow this  
fritz

demolition derby

Rod(NASNUT)
See, Mike, that's the problem, if you ain't got humor and take this stuff too serious, then your life is going to be miserable.

fritz

:thumbs: hello you all again

please stop your arguing. i do not want to get any one in trouble or mad at each other. i just ask that you all quit disagreeing on that. i think i found out what im gonna try to do with my raider 10. i have a raider 8 with a 10 hp. on it. what i am going to do it is try to collect all of the raider which does include the raider 14 that i believe was made over seas. but correct me if i am wrong on that fact. but any ways. if any one has a 8 hp kohler i would very much appreciate if they would let me know if they want to get rid of it. i will take my 10 hp and put it on the raider 10. and soon i am going to be getting a raider 12. i would really really be interested in a raider 14 ifany one has one to trade. so if any one can help with this please let me know.

now about the demo derby. i am going to try to get a sears 8 speed off of this guy/ it has a big ole 16 swin on it. if it is a kohler i may just take it off. and see if there is another engine to go on it. i wouldnt want to ruin a 60's twin kohler. but if any one has a old cub cadet or a sears. or any other tractor that they think is crappy. please let me know and i could be interested in using it.

please mr t-mo and mr teddy da bear. it is not worth getting into it about. i thank you both for your advice.

thank you all.

devin

Old Iron

Why not make the Horse into a "Lawn Mower" racer, or a pulling tractor?

djmil11
might want to FF thru Fatboy Dan talkin. :thumbs:

KyBlue

Why not make the Horse into a "Lawn Mower" racer, or a pulling tractor?

Yep, something thats not gonna Destroy it...

fritz

with a 18 hp twin. what size pulleys should i put on it if its gonna be a racing horse??

wh79d160

Hey Devin, 1st off I have to commend you for wanting to do some thing other than sitting in front of the tv w/the playstation or 360 , like alot of folks your age. It's too bad there aren't more like you. Any tractor you find that's well built that would make a good demo tractor, there's going to be someone who loves that tractor and would cringe @ the thought. I knew when I red the post, that I had to read the whole thing just for the entertainment value. I think you get the idea. Most of us would use our last breath to swim to the bottom of the ocean to save a wheel horse, we're twisted like that. You probably doubled the value of the raider just from this post. Put it in the neighbors garage & lock the door for a couple weeks. We'll be fine, we don't hate ya. Tom from Ks.

Michael Bullington

Wow thats the craziest video I ever seen..I had no ideal there was such a sport

Well fritz, It depends on alot, alot and alot of things on pulleys sizes...but heres a good start if your running a kart rear axle with a peerless transmission

7" pulley on the Vertical shaft engine

4" Pulley on the Peerless transmission

12 or 14 tooth spocket on side the peerless transmission

54 tooth on the rear axle

Now this will set you up using 3 gear on most short tracks with 5 speed tranny

Use 2nd gear to takeoff ..shift one time....On larger tracks change to a 48 or 50 tooth on the rear axle.

Out on the highway in 5th gear she should hit 70 to 80 mph depending on engine build. ( make sure you front wheel are aligned properly before attemping this!!!! or you will flip with a high speed wooble!

Duff

Devin, I also want to commend you for your maturity in the face of all the flap that's gone on here. For 15, you're turning into a good man quickly! :thumbs:

I don't have any Raiders but if I see or hear of any at a good price anywhere near you, or parts for them, I'll make sure to let you know. If I had a spare engine I would give it to you just to help you out in getting into this hobby. :whistle:

Keep a positive attitude and stick with us - we can get a bit snarly here from time to time, but rarely is it serious or long-lasting. Usually things are said - or typed - with a smile on our faces. We've got a lot more things in common than things that split us up. And we - and the tractors - need young blood to keep this crazy hobby of ours alive over the long haul! :horseplay:

Best of luck, and keep posting!

Duff :whistle:

BPjunk

OK OK ,

Aside from wreaking a good tractor WHY take the chance of getting HURT, INJURED or EVEN WORSE??? A garden tractor is a open machine ... too many times I gotten hurt just using a peice of equipment THE WAY IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE WORKED let alone from the time some thing was abused!

THINK FIRST!

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

rwilson

Looks like a good way to get a broken foot, Leg, Hand, Arm, Skull, Or anything. I dont think i'm gonna be doin this. I'm too prone to getting hurt!!

JimD

fritz, while i also would be sad to see a horse destroyed, i must commend you on your ability to post a thread that generates so much interest! it shows us how strongly the membership feels about their hobby, and just how much you like it too.

more importantly, your concern about the disagreement over some of the comments made proves that you are wise and mature well beyond your years. you are a credit to this forum, and i look forward to your future posts.

thanks, jim

Coadster32

I watched the video, and if I was 10 years younger, I'd be there. :thumbs: I have seen some pretty burlly bolens, and ford tractors to do this with. Good luck.

gd.pudge

i am a personal friend of fritz's. if he says the horse will be saved he is a man of honor and thats what will be done.im sure there is no hard fellings at all.i will help find another demo mower.thats no problem. we will save the horse.maybe some day post pics of it for you all to see. many thanks for all comments best wishes :thumbs: g.d.

fritz

well if yall look at the for sale section. i put my raider for sale. i am trying to sell it so i can get my favorite wheel horse that i own rite now. it is a 1076. so i hope i can get this sold. if not i will be happy with it still/ thank you all for your help and stuff. thank you all for the complinmants and all the advice. i appreciate it all.

your freind

devin

CHARGER9AUTO

Don't wreck the horse... I have a twin cylinder craftsman hydrostatic lawn trator sitting here that I will trade you for the horse. Take out the mouse nest, put in a fresh battery and go destroy the thing. Killing a 1970 Wheel Horse is akin to taking one of us diehards out back and putting a slug in the back of our head. :thumbs:

T.F.T.E.T.O.O.H :whistle:

Tony For The Ethical Treatment Of Old Horses

Tony's right you know fritz and see everyone else here to reply with an answer to your post . Wheel Horse tractors is meant to be used for yard work like Mike said find a Cub Cadet with the Cast Iron nose then soup it up for that Riding Mower demolition derby race . Ben............... just honest opinion

evanloock

Were do y'all go to school? just wundering...

perry

you want a tank of a tractor, try one of the large frame simplicity or cub cadets :thumbs: .

fritz

north central high school not the indy school

bitten

Be safe and use GREEN

P.J.

BPjunk

Devin,

I did watch the video and the first thought that came across my mind was .... was this event INSURED ? I know how hard it is to get insurance for motor sports events (the Wheel Horse Show and tractor pulls) and can not believe a insurance company would provide coverage for this type of event. Competing in a sport like this with out coverage ..... well I can tell you every one there is at a high risk of losing every thing they own .... lawyers would LOVE to go in on a case involving some thing like this.

You ask .... What was wrong about this event?

1) Alcohol being served at the event.

2) No provisions made for fire proof gasoline containers on the tractors.

3) Only a rope to protect the spectaters from the tractors.

4) ABSOLUTLY nothing for drivers protection ... like helmets , gloves, boots or roll bars.

5) Where is the safety crew?

I apologise if I seem like I am being too hard about this subject but law suits and trips to the emergancy ward are not fun.

fritz

well fatboydans are alot safer then those online. well the one i was in is. they had rules no alchol. and it was very oprganized. they had a ambulancethere. but i am begging to think you all are right. this is an unsafe sport. o by the way we have to whear helmets. but any whays i think i mite not dothem any more. if i do it will ponly be one a year. and that would be it. maybe not even that. but i have listended to all of you alls advice. thank you

CHARGER9AUTO

OK OK ,

Aside from wreaking a good tractor WHY take the chance of getting HURT, INJURED or EVEN WORSE??? A garden tractor is a open machine ... too many times I gotten hurt just using a peice of equipment THE WAY IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE WORKED let alone from the time some thing was abused!

THINK FIRST!

I told my Dad what fritz another Wheel Horse forum member will do to his Raider 10 or 8 tractor in this Demo Dery with other makes of garden tractors what if someone hits you from the side near your knees with no protection this person would be injured that's why all the Stock Cars in has roll bars welded to all around for extra procaution and wear helmets , fire suites . Ben............... :whistle: :thumbs:

HORSEOFCOURSE

Find an old car to derby instead. its way more fun and faster. plus you get to sell it for junk afterwards and make a little cash, more if you win of corse. ive been it it twice and i can;t stay away from it. a taurus wagon the first year and a pontiac grand am the second year. i won a heat with the pontiac. alot of fun. the tracotr derby looks to dangerous and i would only use a throw away "MOWER" if i ever did it. the cars are way more fun and they will keep you coming back for more. and take it from a youger person, you would regret wrecking that old horse the minute you got done with it. i have a commando 800 that i used for a atv in the woods when i was in my teens and run it into trees and random stuff for fun. i regret doing it cause now i would like to make it nice and restore it and it will be twice as hard. :thumbs: i was :imstupid: and now its done nothing but made more work for myself.

all throttle no bottle

hay fritz me and my friends had a mower derdy we use mtd,sears.murray they did great. i made angleiron tierod for my.if you can use flat heads engines. i wouldt like to any old good veterans tractor go to wase :whistle: . if you neeld help with WH. pulling iam here :thumbs:

1961 surburban

1964 854

1969 raider12

1969 raider10

1972 commander8

1976 B-80

1978 C-121

and lot more others brand