Amcwheel85

I said I wasn't going to!

Amcwheel85

Well on the way home tonight I got to thinking... I have another tractor I'm gonna be buying with money gettin slim... I also have been wanting to give my daughters C-81 a wider/tougher look... sooo... I got thinking of the 520.. and how expensive the Onan can be especially this one needed some work.. well I didn't want to part it out until I thought I could put the wider rear wheels on the C-81 and maybe the front axle to give it a bigger wider stance. So I may part the rest of the 520 or sell it as a whole once I'm done swapping this stuff over. On to step one!

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

Amcwheel85

After the rear tire swap. Now gotta order 12 in wide turfs for it

IMG_1348.JPG

IMG_1349.JPG

Edited by Amcwheel85
  • Like 5

12 hp Kohler

That looks pretty cool,I have a c-81 and it's a good tractor 

• Like 2

ericj

did you even check to see what the problem was with the onan, just saying can you make a decision weather to part it out or not if you haven't figured it out what is wrong with it, maybe i missed were you stated the problem

eric j

Amcwheel85

It rolls over 3/4 the way and stops. Hasn't had spark plugs in it for awhile and idk if I want to spend that kinda money messing with it is all. And I realized the look me and my daughter wanted for her C-81 could be partially done with the back wheels from the 520. And I'm gonna leave the front axle the way they are and put skinny wheels with tri bar tires on the front of C-81 

ericj

if your going to part it out might as well pull the motor and flip it over and pull the oil pan off and see what happened. it does sound like a broken rod. but inquiring minds want to know lo l:ROTF:

eric j

• Like 2

Amcwheel85

I plan on it. as soon as one part sells I'm gonna take whole tractor apart. And will let you guys know first how it looks in there!

• Like 3

Blasterdad

Looks fantastic, I just hope she doesn't get "cranky" for calling her an A-81 in your tractor list...

She might run over your foot with her new wide tires. :snooty: :-o

• Like 3

WHX??

Gotta be with Eric on this one AMC, much as I hate to see a 520 parted we get it. The worth of a swept to a good running 416 alone?!??!:confusion-shrug:

• Like 2

Amcwheel85

Blasterdad I'm on mobile site all the time so I never notice that! I will fix it asap lol. 

Blasterdad
2 minutes ago, Amcwheel85 said:

Blasterdad I'm on mobile site all the time so I never notice that! I will fix it asap lol. 

It's all good! She will be very happy! :ychain:

• Like 1