dclarke

Sensation push mower

WHX??

Cute Denny & nice work :handgestures-thumbupright: but I do have to bust your chops on the deck ...you know our favorite color! :ychain:

• Like 3

dclarke
6 minutes ago, WHX9 said:

Cute Denny & nice work :handgestures-thumbupright: but I do have to bust your chops on the deck ...you know our favorite color! :ychain:

Lol. Jim, I wanted to paint the deck as close to the original color as I could. Back in the day it had a white engine and handle but all the new B&S engines are black so I just went with that. 

• Like 2

WHX??

Ok then your excused, I had thought it was OEM red from the 1st pic!

Is it steel or AL?

• Like 1

Lee1977

Are you sure you can handle such a big powerful machine like that?   :ROTF:

• Like 1

Sparky

Nice job and a great story!

Does it discharge right at your feet? If so you must go home with a green shoe on your left foot!

Mike.........

• Like 1

Jerry77
1 minute ago, Sparky said:

Does it discharge right at your feet

Looks like the handle will flip over so that it discharges to the right front...??..:)

• Like 1

jellyghost

Now I want one of these.  

Bummer.  This is an addictive hobby.

• Like 3

T-Mo
6 minutes ago, jellyghost said:

Now I want one of these.  

I would start with an older Lawn Boy 2 cycle push mower as they're more readily available and some parts can still be had through Toro or through ebay.

• Like 2

WHX??
22 minutes ago, jellyghost said:

Now I want one of these.  

Take two sensations & call me in the morning :laughing-rolling:

• Like 3

squonk

Shoulda put a V-Twin  on it! :) :banana-wrench:

• Like 2

jellyghost
1 hour ago, T-Mo said:

I would start with an older Lawn Boy 2 cycle push mower as they're more readily available and some parts can still be had through Toro or through ebay.

The cemetery mower is interesting because it is small and made to fine tune the mowing.  Could you recommend some narrow mowers used for trim work?

• Like 2

dclarke
8 hours ago, WHX9 said:

Ok then your excused, I had thought it was OEM red from the 1st pic!

Is it steel or AL?

Jim, It's an aluminum deck. 

8 hours ago, Sparky said:

Nice job and a great story!

Does it discharge right at your feet? If so you must go home with a green shoe on your left foot!

Mike.........

Mike, it does throw grass on my left foot but as Jerry stated above the handle would swing so the discharge chute would also blow grass out the front. Swinging the handle always rubbed the gas tank causing a leak and it eventually broke the handle where it rubbed the tank, I fixed the handle years ago and now leave it bolted solid in the rear discharge position. 

• Like 1

dclarke
3 hours ago, jellyghost said:

Now I want one of these.  

2 hours ago, jellyghost said:

The cemetery mower is interesting because it is small and made to fine tune the mowing.  Could you recommend some narrow mowers used for trim work?

jellyghost, Once in a while I trim around the house with this one, it gives the neighbors something to talk about. lol

DSC06593.JPG

DSC06595.JPG

• Like 7

T-Mo
13 hours ago, jellyghost said:

You probably won't find many that are that have that narrow of a cut.  I recommended Lawn Boy because they are collectible and there are plenty out there.  There are a couple of websites where Lawn Boy collectors go to get help and show their LBs.  Lawn Boy is an old company and has a quite of a history behind the company, so there's that, plus many people grew up using them, so there's the nostalgic angle of the hobby.  Also, Lawn Boy made some mowers for Cub Cadet and John Deere 40 plus years ago, that are quite collectible also

I do admit, that little Sensation mower would be neat to have and to own, so if you can find one, I wouldn't hesitate to jump on it.

WHX??
2 hours ago, T-Mo said:

Lawn Boy because they are collectible

Are they really Terry, would have never guessed as to all the ones I see in a boneyard. Are we talking the older green two stroke ones with an AL deck? They were pretty popular in the day. Just about every other neighbor had one when I was a kid.

16 hours ago, squonk said:

Shoulda put a V-Twin  on it!

and then what have a hover craft?!?! :lol:

• Like 1

T-Mo
56 minutes ago, WHX9 said:

Are they really Terry, would have never guessed as to all the ones I see in a boneyard. Are we talking the older green two stroke ones with an AL deck? They were pretty popular in the day. Just about every other neighbor had one when I was a kid.

Yes.  The LB guys just go nuts over certain models, certain engines.  I'm sure you will find someone that will ask a similar question about old garden tractors, even Wheel Horses.  "Do you mean they're really collectible?"  "Someone actually collects those?"  If it was made, and made well, there will be some who will collect it.

I like the older LBs, but of course, the new ones (do they still make LBs?) aren't as good, and are pretty much disposable and are just green painted Toros.  Toro bought Lawn Boy probably around the time they purchased Wheel Horse, give or take a few years.  There is/was a Yahoo group dedicated to LBs.

squonk
3 hours ago, WHX9 said:

and then what have a hover craft?!?! :lol:

Yes. I would guess your legs would get tired mowing all that grass.:)