HorseFixer

ANY ONE USE THESE TIRES ON A 520H

HorseFixer

Has anyone used these Tires on a 520H? If so how was the clearance to seat pan? And how do you like them? Any comments greatly appreciated.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Thanks ~Duke

TIRE.png.2f87462a1d71371d28b9d8246bfc18e4.png

Edited by HorseFixer
  • Like 1

littleredrider

I can tell yah in a couple months lol. I want to get a set of those, but closing on a house tomorrow, and money is gonna be tight. But no reason they won't fit....

• Like 1

Shynon

I have a set on The Machine I know it's not a 520, but for pulling a plow they pull, no wheel slippage. So far probably best investment on The Machine to date.

IMG_6035.JPG

20161015_101411.jpg

Edited by Shynon
Add picture
  • Like 6

HorseFixer
On 3/21/2017 at 8:10 PM, Shynon said:

I have a set on The Machine I know it's not a 520, but for pulling a plow they pull, no wheel slippage. So far probably best investment on The Machine to date.

Those Tires Look Bad Arse!  :bow-blue:  Whats that tractor like an 857 or sumptin?  Definitely makes that tractor look MEAN!  Here I found this picture Of a 520-H don't know if they are Firestone's or not but looks like they fit okay.   Duke

520.jpg.ea708b6fc88c892af942c510edfd863f.jpg

Edited by HorseFixer
  • Like 2

Shynon
18 minutes ago, HorseFixer said:

Whats that tractor like an 857 or sumptin

1257 pulls a 12" bottom

IMG_6033.JPG

• Like 3

HorseFixer

I was 4 Ponys Short couldn't see the BIG BLOCK from that angle by the way!!! Brother I love that Tractor but that YELLOW TURD HANGIN OUT FRONT HAS TO GO!  :ychain: 

• Like 6

benji756

I have that size deestones on my 520h and they have plenty of clearance.

• Like 1

Sparky

I cant vouch for the traction they may give but isn't that size the same as what the 520 came with out of the factory? If so then I would expect you'll have absolutely no clearance issue's. Even with different brands being a bit different in size I'm sure they will fit fine.

Mike........ 

• Like 1

Ken B

Its been many years since I've had a set of these Firestone's but I will say they are the best pulling ag tire I've ever had...

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

Here's the Carlisle Tru-power 23x10.50-12s on a 520H and that is the factory stock size, I'm sure the Firestone aren't much different, Jeff.

image.thumb.jpeg.6e9559e973513071f3a95355ea3b6d51.jpeg

• Like 7

Sarge

The 23* Firestone tires were used on nearly every brand of the older farm tractors for a reason - they just work . The low attack angle means straight ahead traction - but side slip can be an issue compared to something like the Deestone . The Carlisle Tru Power was sort of an in-between of the two styles with a slight curve at the outer part of the Vee to help with forward bite compared to straight bar wedge 45* tread such as the Deestone and others . In comparison - the Firestones when turning can do some damage to turf in a hurry and tend to run big on standard sizes - better look deep into the specs on overall height/size . The Carlisle seems to be a nice balance , great traction and doesn't tear up turf nearly at all - I run them year 'round on nearly everything I have for Horses....some with chains to boot .

Sarge

• Like 3

HorseFixer

Well I guess I got my answer and I appreciate all the input on this! :handgestures-thumbupright:  I wasn't necessarily meaning that exact brand but was more concerned with the fit. I know Firestone  and  Carlisle are better tires but I had to bite the bullet and go the Deestones.  :unsure:   With the cost of that shiny new to me Tractor the cost of Firestone tri ribs, (they are the only ones that mfg them last I checked). Rear Aggs, Metal for loader undercarriage, Hydraulic Hose replacement, cylinder rebuild parts, Loader clean up and painting. I had to stretch the budget dollars. The Firestone's from Miller would cost me $335,00 to my door Deestones $165.00 savings of $170.00 that buys the front tires.  :rolleyes:  Thanks All :bow-blue:  ~Duke

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

Duke, I bought these Nanco Ags for my replacements, Jeff.

Screenshot_20170323-045733.png

• Like 2

MalMac

The 23's from Firestone are in my opinion a much better Ag tire. We use them on are big farm tractors. I have used them on my Wheel Horse loader tractors over the years. Now with that said the price for the Firestone has gone up so much that it is not cost effective to use them on such a small tractor. There are other V bar Ag tire's out there that will perform almost just as good for a fraction of what the cost of a Firestone is.

• Like 2

stevebo

The nanco tires are cheap but even though the size is 23 x 10.5 they are about 8" wide

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, stevebo said:

The nanco tires are cheap but even though the size is 23 x 10.5 they are about 8" wide

They're as wide if not wider than the original DICOs that came on them new, when I get home from work I'll run a tape across them with a pic, Nankang tires (pictured) on my anniversary I bought used 10 years ago are being replaced as well as a pair of original DICOs on the low hour 520 when it warms up, Jeff.

100_0465.JPG

IMAG2130.jpg

IMAG2798.jpg

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 2

HorseFixer

I did some searching and looked at the specs of the Nanco's and others. The Firestone are 4 ply, The Carlisle Tru Power are 4 Ply, The Nanco's are 2 Ply, And the Deestone's are 6 Ply. Now that's just what I read. who knows how they are really rated.   :think:   An one would think that the Firestone's are made in the USA think again! The first set of Tri Rib fronts I purchased back in 2008 for the C-120 Snow Chucker when I pulled them out of the Box that was delivered from Miller Tire the tag and paperwork said they were made in Vietnam. So much for the Name Game. This will be my third pair of them and they make the tractor Steer Like a Dream, most especially with a heavy load on the front of the Tractor on concrete. In a conversation with Bev Miller said they own the rights to that size Firestone tire and that Firestone's is the only one that makes the Tri Rib in a 16 X 7.50 and I could tell she was pretty proud of that!  :unsure:  I hate monopoly's  and I cant believe these other MFG's haven't made them. That 70.00 tire is only worth $35.00 TOPS. Thanks Guy's for all the information I didn't know all these other brands existed.  ~Duke 

js5020

I run the Deestones on the 16 Auto.  Ag's on the rear and tri ribs on the front, unlike many I went to a narrower tire than stock on the rear and the traction is pretty good without chains and I love those tri rib fronts easy to steer with the blower on.

pfrederi
1 hour ago, HorseFixer said:

I did some searching and looked at the specs of the Nanco's and others. The Firestone are 4 ply, The Carlisle Tru Power are 4 Ply, The Nanco's are 2 Ply, And the Deestone's are 6 Ply. Now that's just what I read. who knows how they are really rated.   :think:   An one would think that the Firestone's are made in the USA think again! The first set of Tri Rib fronts I purchased back in 2008 for the C-120 Snow Chucker when I pulled them out of the Box that was delivered from Miller Tire the tag and paperwork said they were made in Vietnam. So much for the Name Game. This will be my third pair of them and they make the tractor Steer Like a Dream, most especially with a heavy load on the front of the Tractor on concrete. In a conversation with Bev Miller said they own the rights to that size Firestone tire and that Firestone's is the only one that makes the Tri Rib in a 16 X 7.50 and I could tell she was pretty proud of that!  :unsure:  I hate monopoly's  and I cant believe these other MFG's haven't made them. That 70.00 tire is only worth $35.00 TOPS. Thanks Guy's for all the information I didn't know all these other brands existed.  ~Duke 

They can be misleading they say 6 ply rating...doesn't mean they have 6 plies just it meets some strength rating.  Talk about size variance between manufactures  one is a deestone the other Carlisle same size marked on then sidewall

IMG_0071.JPG

• Like 1

HorseFixer
38 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

They can be misleading they say 6 ply rating...doesn't mean they have 6 plies just it meets some strength rating.  Talk about size variance between manufactures  one is a deestone the other Carlisle same size marked on then sidewall

IMG_0071.JPG

WHICH ONE IS WHICH?

pfrederi

sorry small ones are deestones

WVHillbilly520H

Duke here's another brand to put into the Arsenal "OTC" and they look very similar to the Firestone priced with Carlisle but they offer the same tread in 16x7.50-8...Jeff.

Screenshot_2016-04-16-22-44-31.png

WHX??
On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:37 PM, HorseFixer said:

that YELLOW TURD HANGIN OUT FRONT HAS TO GO!

In your defense Tom..... Forgive him he just doesn't get it..... That the only use for anything IH YELLOW is dead weight!

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 7:10 PM, Shynon said:

So far probably best investment

Next to that HY-2?? I hear tell those 12inchers can get awfully heavy at the end of a run!  

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

As I said I would do when I got home I took a tape measure and pictures of the various tires the new unmounted Nanco measured right at 9" across the v bars so add in side wall probably 10" even, the old Nankangs mounted 9.5" across the bars and the original mounted Dicos 8-8.5" across the tread, all tires have 23x10.50-12 sizing on the sidewalls so my thoughts were right the AGs are wider than the Dicos, also measured my new Mahindra SCUT with Carlisle trac gard tires 20x8.00-10 was right on 8" wide and the 27x12.50-15 was 12", doesn't seem to matter what brand none will be the size as designated , Jeff.

IMAG3041.jpg

IMAG3044.jpg

IMAG3043.jpg

• Like 2

HorseFixer

Thanks Jeff, :handgestures-thumbupright:  Good information! When I get those Deestones they better be what they say or back in the box they go for return NOT AS DESCRIBED!  Lets say I measure them and they are 10.50 unmounted. How much would you say they will be mounted? Will they be the same inflated as rated or will they be less and by about how much?  Thanks Duke

• Like 1