RICH FRO

I am looking for the rubber gromit that goes around the petcock and inserts into the base of the gas tank on a 1977 C-161 Wheel Horse tractor with a Kohler 16 horsepower motor . Does anybody have any idea where I could get one ?

Thanks 

Rich Frohock

860-978-9722

rfrohock83@gmail.com 

Elkskin's mower junkyard
7 minutes ago, RICH FRO said:

I am looking for the rubber gromit that goes around the petcock and inserts into the base of the gas tank on a 1977 C-161 Wheel Horse tractor with a Kohler 16 horsepower motor . Does anybody have any idea where I could get one ?

Thanks 

Rich Frohock

860-978-9722

rfrohock83@gmail.com 

common part same has many machines. even generators. 

do yourself a favor and buy new shutoff too like this kit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-Gas-Tank-Grommet-Shut-off-Valve-Generators-others-/230938566117?hash=item35c502dde5:g:ajAAAOSw4UtWTUHH

• Like 1

oldlineman

:text-yeahthat: Very common item don't buy from Toro though to pricey.

• Like 1

RICH FRO

Thanks Im purchasing it right now from your site you sent .

• Like 1

Elkskin's mower junkyard
1 hour ago, RICH FRO said:

Thanks Im purchasing it right now from your site you sent .

not my site i just like helping people find correct parts. a little tip when installing it use a little grease

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Another tip,    Start the petcock  in the grommet but do not push it in to the barb.  Then push the grommet completely into the tank till the flange seats.  Then push the petcock completely in expanding the grommet and making the seal to the tank.

• Like 2

WHX??

Get ahold of @rmaynard, I think he was selling them. I'm sure he had the gas cock and very possibly the gromet

obone

Just to make this thread complete (as best as I can do anyways) the rubber part is called a bushing. The vendor here on red square is the cheapest I seen. The fuel valve can be had with and with out the shut off. Just cost a bit more with it. Part numbers T0104048 and SS125336. As said above install bushing first then valve. Here's the RS vendor link.

• Like 1

WHX??

Now if we can get @rmaynard to chew on the barb end a little and they come up 1/8-27 NPT we'll be all set?!?!?

Edited by WHX9