FatJackDurham

Is the Toro Wheel Horse 314 a good tractor?

FatJackDurham

There is a Toro Wheel Horse 314 for sale in my area for $1500, including a mowing deck, rototiller and snow blower attachment.

I was wondering if the Toro branded 314 is still a solid Wheel Horse or if that was already a corrupted model. The master model list shows a 314 from 1996-2001 I don't know what year this one is. I can't tell from the picture if it's a 314-8 or a 314-8.

Thoughts?

• Like 2

WHX??
6 minutes ago, FatJackDurham said:

the picture if it's a 314-8 or a 314-8.

did you mean 314-H or 314-8??

A 314  is a fine tractor and will do most anything you ask of it. @PeacemakerJack has got a 314-8 set up for plowing and it's a beast. Get a picture up of it and we can PI (positively identify)  it for you. Might not be the worst price pending condition it's in & hours. Serial # will nail down the year.

• Like 3

Lane Ranger

I like my 314 !  Great tractor!  

DSCN0126.thumb.JPG.6a94be4de95ca5424da7c05ccd27006d.JPG

DSCN0131.thumb.JPG.1b7f62da157c431c05696943f6b9208b.JPG

This is my brother's  314 Hydro  with hydro lift . (hood was changed) 

037.thumb.JPG.1f671d913cb13fa355c14045ecb74061.JPG

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 9

chip61

I have a '96 314-8 with a 48" deck. Great machine-you won't be disappointed

Ed Kennell

I believe the 314s were made in 1993 thru 2001.    I have a 1995 312 Hydro and it is a great tractor.  The only caution I would relate is ,  If it is a Hydro and does not have a hydraulic lift, it probably has the weaker Eaton 700.  If it has the hyd. lift, it has the stronger Eaton 1100.    Of course if it has the gear drive 8 speed, no problem. 

• Like 2

cschannuth
6 hours ago, Lane Ranger said:

I like my 314 !  Great tractor!  

DSCN0126.thumb.JPG.6a94be4de95ca5424da7c05ccd27006d.JPG

DSCN0131.thumb.JPG.1b7f62da157c431c05696943f6b9208b.JPG

This is my brother's  314 Hydro  with hydro lift . (hood was changed) 

037.thumb.JPG.1f671d913cb13fa355c14045ecb74061.JPG

That is some fine looking equipment!

• Like 3

DennisThornton

Great tractor! 99% Wheel Horse! Or close...  Focus on the Wheel Horse part of the decal not the Toro part! 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

FatJackDurham

Thanks all, but I guess that one was sold. I think it was actually a neighbor of mine who for some reason didn't want to sell it to me.... oh well. Now looking at a 416-8.....

123GO

Here is another 314-8 for sale and is about the nicest I've seen.  It's too far from me to even check out in person but I remembered this thread for some reason so if anyone is still interested in one I'd say it would be next to impossible to ever locate an original survivor this nice. It would take some serious effort to find another no doubt, it looks to be mint. 

Not the cast iron Kohler most have, it received a Command being a later model tractor. 

Edited by Sparky
Links to EBay not allowed, deleted

The Tuul Crib

Wow this one is 45 minutes away!

123GO

Wow I wasn't aware of this website's little EBay issues..lol.  Oh Well' there is or was (may sold) a mint 314-8 for sale on Ebay if anyone needs it.

Sorry' its too far away from me to help a member out with but its pics look great. 

AHS
On 3/21/2017 at 10:30 PM, DennisThornton said:

Great tractor! 99% Wheel Horse! Or close...  Focus on the Wheel Horse part of the decal not the Toro part! 

I couldn’t have said it better!!👍

Pale Rider

I have a running 314-A with weighted rear wheels, a rototiller, and mower Deck in Central Michigan that my wife's trying to sell. She loves her little tractor and we don't want to get rid of it but life happens sometimes. Any interest email me palerider0331@gmail.com

Pullstart
7 hours ago, Pale Rider said:

I have a running 314-A with weighted rear wheels, a rototiller, and mower Deck in Central Michigan that my wife's trying to sell. She loves her little tractor and we don't want to get rid of it but life happens sometimes. Any interest email me palerider0331@gmail.com

:text-welcomewave:

We have a classifieds section that you can post pictures, details like year or hours and asking price.  You may have better luck there.

https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/classifieds/for-sale/