tommyg

Hydraulic Mower Lift

tommyg

Anyone have any experience with one of these? I'm thinking of investing in one to make it easier to pressure wash the underside of my deck and sharpen the blades.

81q0DF-obmL._SL1500_.jpg

91o4DUHBp4L._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 6

Ed Kennell

Where do the fluids go?

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

I have never seen anything like that. Do you have any more pictures?

• Like 1

tommyg

By lifting in the front, you really can't get underneath that well because the jack is in the way. This method gives you a clear shot at everything in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

Where do the fluids go?

The actual foot pump is on the opposite side. You can't really see it in the picture.

Ed Kennell

Yep, I got that tommy.   I was referring to the fluids in the tractor.....engine oil, gasoline, and transmission fluid.

• Like 4

pfrederi
13 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Where do the fluids go?

If I used it on most of my tractors there would be puddles of oil, ATF and gas on the floor.:P

• Like 2

SPINJIM

Seems like it would be hard on the front axle and front wheel spindles.  And it's a lot of lateral pressure on wheel bearings that are designed to take vertical forces, especially considering the weight of twin engines and hydraulic transmissions.

Edited by SPINJIM
  • Like 1

DennisThornton

I think I'd like it for blade & zerk access but not fluid changes. 

T-Mo

Where do the fluids go when you lift the front of a mower?  I don't see this any different, other than you may be lifting it a bit higher with this lift.  Fluids will go to the lower part of the area they're stored in regardless where that part is, back or side.

The couple of problems I see is introducing forces on the one remaining tire on the floor, and maybe limited access to the bottom most blade as it's closer to the floor.  Plus the strap that goes around the tire looks a bit small and not too heavy duty.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

I have always removed my decks and blades for maintenance. So I don't have a need to work under my tractors.

I lift it from the front with a hoist if I want to totally drain a tranny.   

I would never work under a load suspended by a hoist or jack until it was properly blocked.

The thin pipe safety rod shown on this device looks susceptible to bending under load.

I would feel much better if a  2" square tube was used instead. 

Sarge

Here's some better views of their design , albeit a lighter/cheaper model in it's ratings...

https://www.amazon.com/Bradley-Cliplift-Hydraulic-Mower-MJ3000/dp/B00HANVDV0/ref=pd_sbs_86_1/162-9368595-9118518?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=2J9JGS0DNFZF8VKJF1DW

Not sure I'd want to pick up any serious garden tractor with those things - at full lift height you'd risk possibly turning it over . Not a bad setup for lighter/smaller zero turn units , though...

Sarge

T-Mo

For those who are interested, here is a video of it in use.

From the reviews, 54 inch decks and larger, it may not work too good, if at all since the deck sticks out further from the tires.

tommyg
36 minutes ago, T-Mo said:

From the reviews, 54 inch decks and larger, it may not work too good, if at all since the deck sticks out further from the tires.

T-Mo, that was the one thing I was worried about. I retrofitted my d180 with a 60" deck. I was afraid it would stick out too far. I did a chat session the the folks at Bradley Mower. This is what they said...

"It (the deck) may rest on the ground. We have not had any reports of damage. I have seen that it does rest at those size decks. We have used them in our local shop with customers who had decks that size with no problem."

Edited by tommyg