MountainTopHunter

Electric fuel pump for C-175

MountainTopHunter

It don't like having to grind the starter for the length of time it takes to pump gas from the tank to the carburetor.  What electric pump works well and where does it need to be mounted?  Thanks!

pfrederi

Search this forum for electric fuel pump.  Lots of ideas.  I mount mine back near the tank under the seat.  They push better than they pull.  stay low on PSI do not want to over come the carb float needle. Less than 4 psi I would suggest.

I use Facet Posiflo pumps.  Others have used others.

Jerry77

I got my cube style pump from here - good people to deal with -https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/group.asp?GroupID=FACET12CUBE    I bought the FAC-40163 - won't overwhelm the carb...mounted it low on the dash stand ( lower than the outlet on the fuel tank )  - used an inline fuse holder ( 5A. fuse ) - be sure to use an on/off switch with it for those times when you want to have the key switch on ( and don't want the pump to run)......works great.:twocents-02cents:

• Like 1

953 nut

I have gotten universal low pressure fuel pumps off :techie-ebay: for less than $10 including shipping. Like Paul said, mount it low, and as Jerry said, put a fuse in line.

• Like 1

Marv

I use Facet model FEP 04sv.

Marvin