Sign in to follow this  
Confused98

Snow Blade Metal Piece for 414-8

Confused98

Hi everybody. I'm wondering if somebody can give me measurements for a metal piece that connects the snowblade to the lift arm. While looking at the snow plow installation pic, I noticed that there is a metal bracket that I do not have. It looks like it is about 1" wide and 3-4" tall. I would like to replace it with what it needs. If anybody is familiar with this and can give me the measurements I would appreciate it so I can make a replacement piece. Thank you.

Docwheelhorse

Hi--your probably talking about the lift link. It is as you describe and has a pin on both ends. Most of these got replaed by a pie of hain.... I suspet yours did too as you show the trattor wit the plow on.... If it goes up and down your all set.. :whistle:

Tony

P.S.---they did sell (don't know if they do anymore :whistle: ) a solid lift link that is about 12" long and allowed you to apply down pressure on the blade to scrape or use it as a dozer. I have one and it works really nice! :thumbs:

linen beige

There were several different lengths of lift links. (Say that three times really, really fast). Raise your lift arm all the way up. Now raise up the plow to the highest point you think you will need it to be lifted and place a support under it. Next measure the distance between the lift link mounting holes on your plow and the rockshaft for the lift arm.

That is the length lift link/arm/bar/connector/thingy you need. They are easily fabricated from flat stock.