Sign in to follow this  
cdr_warsstar

Craftsman GT6000

cdr_warsstar

Family friend wanted to get rid of it and gave it to us for free. Apparently it's been sitting for a couple years. Got overhauled during the fall, then didn't start in the spring. Got it home, and it turns over but won't catch. And then the starter gear stuck in the down position and won't spin up to engage the flywheel. Probably just needs some lube, new gas, and all the switches checked. I'm thinking ignition switch t the moment since the seat switch tested okay (if I did it right), and the headlights don't turn on and they're good and the wiring is good.

And that mower deck on the tailgate? That belongs to an old Wheel Horse that we also get for free. We just need some special equipment to recover it, so hopefully by this weekend I can show it off.

yfFI26P.jpg

• Like 1

gwest_ca

You realize the Magnum ignition is self-powered? Do not accidently allow any battery voltage into the ignition wire. That will burn up the ignition coil.

The ignition wire is simply grounded to shut the engine off. Not connected it should run and a good thing to do until you get it sorted out.

The ignition switch M terminal and ignition safety switches are just controlling the grounding of the ignition wire.

Garry

• Like 2

cdr_warsstar

Good to know. We jumped the solenoid to get it to turn over, but that and poking some of the wiring with a multi-meter is about all the testing we've done.

evanloock

Look forward to the pics of the Wheel Horse 953.

Edited by evanloock