seven

12 HP Kohler electro 12

seven

It has really good spark had the battery charger on it so it turns over good but does not start seems like it's flooding out .Don't know if it's getting to much gas or what.The spark plug always has lots of fuel on it when I pull it I fry it off and still can not get it to fire??

• Like 1

pfrederi

Drop the carb bowl and see if the float moves up and down freely.  Also does it feel like it may have gas in the float?

Have you tried a different plug.. some will fire laying on teh head but not under compression...especially Champions

Electros, depending on year, came with Magneto Points  ignitions or breakerless ignitions.  To  add to uncertainty over the years many of the breakerless were converted to Battery coil and points.  What system is on yours?

seven

It's got a magneto no coil 

seven

Yep I think I will take carb off check it out

953 nut
1 hour ago, seven said:

think I will take carb off check it out

Is this the same tractor you have been posting about several times before?

• Like 2

seven

Yes it is still having trouble with it. Hopefully she will start better when it warms up. I really need to try a new plug in it how ever I feel the one that is in is good hard time believing it isn't sparking when under compression maybe so thou. Plugs are cheap I will try that first then probably check the carb out? Thxs for help and sorry I'm so slow to respond ing.

Jaymon74
On 3/19/2017 at 8:44 AM, seven said:

It has really good spark had the battery charger on it so it turns over good but does not start seems like it's flooding out .Don't know if it's getting to much gas or what.The spark plug always has lots of fuel on it when I pull it I fry it off and still can not get it to fire??

Had the exact same problem on my 68 Charger 12.  Changed out the sparkplug and fires up every time now. Spark plug in it was new, so tried everything else first. I was using an inline spark plug tester, but that only shows power to the plug, not the spark the plug is getting. 

• Like 2