T McCool

Missed you guys, it's been awhile!

WHX??

Looks good Mr T.....nice work o  the barn!:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

Blasterdad

Nice job on the barn! Nothing like a roaring fire in the woodstove keeping you & the horses warm!

I never knew my wife had a twin sister! :ychain::ROTF:

• Like 1

T McCool

Thanks! The barn originally looked pretty rough, wasn't having that haha. And yes Blasterdad, nothing like a nice fire going while plowing!

Here is a shot of the barn last spring.

0312161613.jpg

• Like 5

lodestonefarm

I really like the updated barn. Nice work. What kind of gravel is that you spread in front of it and how does it handle show removal? thanks

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

T McCool  Nice looking homestead and tractors. Good job on both.

elliot ness

Nice job on the Barn. W/H looks good too.:text-bravo:

T McCool

Thank you, I'm essentially getting it ready so when the wife has had enough and kicks me out I'll have somewhere nice to live haha. At least that's what my friends tell me...

9 hours ago, lodestonefarm said:

I really like the updated barn. Nice work. What kind of gravel is that you spread in front of it and how does it handle show removal? thanks

The gravel is #1 blue stone  from the local quarry Hoover's. Only plowed once since its been spread and I picked a little up but not much. I remove the wear blade for snow removal. I pretty much just float the blade to avoid scraping away my 10 ton investment haha.

T-Mo

At least your wife came to the show with you.  I doubt if I can get mine to come, and if she did, she'll be like "Is it time to go yet?".

Could be your wife's expression is from when you told her that you would go shopping with her after the show, and she's not happy that you want to actually spend time at the show.

• Like 2

T McCool

Haha she intentionally made that face since I shot it in her phone. She actually had a good time as usual. I also play my cards right and we always drive separate. Buys me more time to b.s. With awesome people😁

• Like 2

T McCool

Here's some pics from the 2015 show, that's Dave's horse still stock, and Doug's 63' Jacobson, heavily modded. He ended up needing a tow back because his old carb was sticking. The last pic is Dave's horse as it sits currently. Giving trailer rides at last year's show. Dave is a member on here as well. 98layinframe is his username I believe. 

2015100395161554.jpg

20151003_170607.jpg

image (2).jpg

1001161600.jpg

Edited by T McCool
  • Like 5

lodestonefarm
On 3/18/2017 at 9:20 AM, T McCool said:

Thank you, I'm essentially getting it ready so when the wife has had enough and kicks me out I'll have somewhere nice to live haha. At least that's what my friends tell me...

The gravel is #1 blue stone  from the local quarry Hoover's. Only plowed once since its been spread and I picked a little up but not much. I remove the wear blade for snow removal. I pretty much just float the blade to avoid scraping away my 10 ton investment haha.

Thanks.  I hear you about plowing your investment into the grass.  Did you spread it all with your mid-mount grader blade or did you have another method for moving it around?  

T McCool

I spread the entire pile with the mid mount. Worked excellent. Occasionally chopping the top of the pile down with a coal shovel to speed things up since rain was on the way. Now it's time to make a chain link dragger! I'm anal about things....😕

lodestonefarm

I'm impressed. That's a big pile and not a small space to cover. Nicely done. I'm interested in the chain link dragger. I've got a lot of "yard" that I've been trying to smooth out and turn into a nice grassy area free of ruts, stones, post-holes, etc. I've heard chain link fence does a nice job. I had some old pallets around that I tried. Worked ok but didn't take long for the pallet to pull apart. I've also heard an old mattress carcass works but thankfully don't have one lying around.

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

looks great.

Glenn

T McCool

Lodestone  try the chain link and add some weight to it. You will have to clean everything up with a rake afterwards but nothing a little elbow grease can't handle! 

Thanks Glenn! 

T McCool

Well spring appears to be here..... I hope... So I drug out the dethatcher  and aerator. No pics unfortunately but both performed well. Picked up both off craigslist last week for 100 doll hairs. Heck of a deal. Both agri-fab. There older models but in very good shape, well maintained. Feels good to get out in the yard again! 😁😁😁