WVHillbilly520H

Who bought their Wheel Horse new and still owns it?

WVHillbilly520H

As I myself bought my first Wheel Horse new (520H Anniversary) and still own it I was wondering how many other :rs: members also are like me or was it a family hand me down that was bought new but still owned? Not that buying a :wh: used isn't s good thing but wondering how many are in the same "club" as my self, Jeff.

• Like 5

AMC RULES

Well sure...    :)

all of mine were new to me when I got 'em. 

• Like 6

WVHillbilly520H

Yeah yeah funny, just like all my ex wives then, no but seriously bought new from the Dealer unused not from uncle Vinny 3 states away, and at the time my old Dealer was in walking distance from me till I moved in 2005.

• Like 2

pfrederi

My Father bought my L-107 In May of 1967...

• Like 4

dkg520

Growing up in western New York State my now 85 year old father always had a Wheel Horse.  I bought my first and only new 520H in 1995 and still own it.  It is still my everyday tractor and besides the usual maintenance items it has never given me any problems. I will soon be 60 and hope to have many more years of service from it. 

• Like 5

dcrage

I bought my 310-8 off of the dealer lot (Mueller Motors in DeSoto , MO) in the fall of 1991 -- 1990 model. Still my go to tractor with something close to 900 hrs on it. 

Edited by dcrage
  • Like 5

Jerry77

Bought a 1996 314-8  new and gave it to my son last year - so it is still in the family....:D

• Like 4

Wishin4a416

I bought a new 312-8 in 87 and still have it. 2000 hours and still going strong. It is my Wife's go to machine.

scan0001.jpg

• Like 8

lynnmor

Well pfrederi sure has me beat.  I bought a 1991 520H new with mower, blower and cart.  Still use all of them and have over 1400 hours on the tractor.   Currently have a cab and two stage snowblower on it.  The poor thing worked its butt off in the recent white, wet cement that fell.

• Like 5

WVHillbilly520H

Way cool guys, with all the moving around in the last 12+ years a divorce and remarried, I don't have my original receipt but as memory serves me $7500 on the tag traded in a MTD Cub Cadet 10 hp single lung Kohler manual lift aluminum case manual drive for that red 20 hp twin lung hydro beauty ,final price $6300 with the 48" deck, my ex thought I was crazy for spending that kind of coin on a "lawn mower" now 19 years 14k on another red "lawn mower" with FEL and 4x4 but no fussing with the new "boss", Jeff.

Edited by WVHillbilly520H

Blasterdad

This started my love for these tractors when I was 14, '78 C-81 8 Speed, bought new on 05/31/79 by my grandfather.

It is still my favorite & always will be... (currently being rebuilt).

58cc7b5bef94c_receipt002.thumb.JPG.d79aa98c96c2463eee339938b3cdda60.JPG

58cc7bb141831_thegirls011.thumb.JPG.e9cc1492b7ead9fc89e9336484ce35ab.JPG 

• Like 8

can whlvr

bought my 308-8 in 1986,still have it but not orig engine,its my go to tractor.wish I had it with a larger engine though

003-2.jpg

012.jpg

• Like 7

Lee1977

I bought my C-120 new in May 1977 been used hard. It's now a C-120/180 with quite a few modifications.

SAM_0416.jpg

• Like 8

c-series don

I bought my Work Horse GT-1800 brand new in August of 1984. I am in the process of restoring it, I wish I had an hour meter on it. God knows how many hours are on that trusty machine. I literally drove it off the showroom floor. When I have more time I will post a pic of the receipt I still have along with mower deck and 42" snow plow receipt. I will also post the whole story that goes along with the purchase. I'm sure most of you will get a kick out of it. 

• Like 4

evanloock

My Grandfather bought the 1970 Charger 12 that I now own in October 1969.  He traded a RJ-59 in and got $200 credit toward the purchase of the Charger.  I still have the bill of sale that documents this fact.  He bought the RJ new as well.

Edited by evanloock
  • Like 4

daveoman1966

In 1973, bought a new 1972 floor model Bronco 14.  Still using it today, but had to replace the drive belt on it about 4 years ago. By my math, that only 40 years out of one belt...  I was expecting more.

• Like 7

oldlineman

Mine is a 1979 c-101 that I still have and use for snow duty, that it in the picture with me and my daughter who was also born Aug. of 1979, still have them both!

• Like 6

WVHillbilly520H

Guys thanks for all the replies it's so cool to know some of the history on these machines and owners, I'm sure there will be more to chime in, Jeff.

• Like 1

Red144runner

I was curious as to what those machines cost in the 70s 80s and 90s. As is true with all good equipment quality has never been cheap. I come from the chainsaw background and when I tell people a Poulan 4000 cost close to $500 in '85 they think I'm lying. 

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
29 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Guys thanks for all the replies it's so cool to know some of the history on these machines and owners, I'm sure there will be more to chime in, Jeff.

Jeff, great history / owner topic.  glad you thought of it.

Glenn

• Like 1

MalMac

Well considering we were a dealer, I have my Dads personal tractor we used at at home. It is a 701 that we assembled right out of the crate after we pick it up in South Bend. I bought a new 314-8 in 94 and still have it. It's got s whole 350 hours on it and still looks like it came off the show room floor.

• Like 7