PSully

We don't need no stinkin' backhoe!

PSully

About thirty years ago I had been on the job as a firefighter for maybe two or three years. As usual, I was hanging around in dispatch listening to radio traffic, and waiting for the next call to come in.

Our neighboring town of Wilmington had gotten a call for a brush fire, when the engine arrived on scene, the lieutenant reported that there was a log blocking the access road into the woods where the fire was. He then requested a backhoe to move the log. Wilmington dispatch radioed back, and said the backhoe would be there in fifteen minutes. 

A few more minutes went by, then the lieutenant called back and said: "You can cancel the backhoe, we got an elephant to move the log."

As it turned out, the brush fire was near the Shriner's Auditorium, and the circus was in town.

• Like 5

squonk

A long time ago, a small circus came to town. And it had an Elephant that got loose. It wandered around and ended up in a garden of Miss Armstrong. She had never seen an elephant before. She looked out her window and saw it in her garden so she called the Police. She said" There's a big gray animal in my garden" "Can you describe it" Said the Sgt. "Well it's big and gray" said Miss Armstrong. "OK big and gray, what's it doing" said the Sgt. "It's picking my cabbages with it's tail" she said. "What's it doing with them" he said . She said " If I tell you what he's doing with them, you aint gonna believe it! " :lol:

• Like 9

953 nut

Related image

@AMC RULES  Craig, I never knew there were so many really bad elephant jokes, there should be a law!   :ychain:

• Like 3

AMC RULES

:rolleyes:  Yeah, but....

there's some gut busters in there though. 

• Like 2

PSully
1 hour ago, squonk said:

A long time ago, a small circus came to town. And it had an Elephant that got loose. It wandered around and ended up in a garden of Miss Armstrong. She had never seen an elephant before. She looked out her window and saw it in her garden so she called the Police. She said" There's a big gray animal in my garden" "Can you describe it" Said the Sgt. "Well it's big and gray" said Miss Armstrong. "OK big and gray, what's it doing" said the Sgt. "It's picking my cabbages with it's tail" she said. "What's it doing with them" he said . She said " If I tell you what he's doing with them, you aint gonna believe it! " :lol:

Too funny!!! I like your elephant story better than my own.:ROTF:

• Like 2

squonk

I can't take the credit. It's a Mel Tillis story. :)

• Like 3

PSully
2 hours ago, squonk said:

I can't take the credit. It's a Mel Tillis story. :)

Well, you get credit for telling the story anyway.

• Like 1