HamptonT

Confession of Previous Sins

jellyghost

Woot Woot!  YOu need an oriental rug for the garage.  Those tires need to be insulated from the floor.

• Like 5

Chevydave

Looks like an awesome 2nd chance. Good luck.

• Like 3

Jrblanke

Go and sin no more my son. Or for heavens sake, buy some tarps!

:) Looks like you are fairly new. Welcome to the forum! Nice looking machine!

• Like 7

slim67

you are now a born again wheelhorstian

• Like 6

Achto

Garages are for tractors, cars are meant to be out side.:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 8

elcamino/wheelhorse

@HamptonT Nice tractor , move that bicycle (?) before the stallion gets ideas and you end up with hybrid "What the Whats" 

• Like 3

BOB ELLISON

All my tractors go in the garage and my 2 parts tractors are covered by a tarp in back of garage. I won't leave any of my other 4 outside. 3 car garage and can't park a car in any. Horse's come first.

Edited by BOB ELLISON
word correction
  • Like 6

Chevydave

I've got (1) tractor, bought new in '89. My beloved 416-8. Sorry to say the Onan is but a distant memory, re-powered with the GX-670 Honda about 5 years ago. Never spent a night outside still looks good. It truly shows no signs of giving up, figure it will outlast me now. Take care of it, it will take care of you. Good luck

• Like 3

Retired Wrencher

HamptonT   :WRS:  Well I think at one time we have been down that road in way or another. Glade to see you found a replacement and are happy with it.:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

953 nut

We have all fallen short of :wh: perfection at one time or another. Glad to hear you have changed your ways and made atonement for past sins.

"I do not condemn you, go and sin no more!"  John 8: 9-11

• Like 7

T-Mo

None of my tractors, even the "parts" machines, stay outside, but are under a roof of some sort.  I can't stand to see any L&G machine outside, uncovered, no matter the color or the condition.

• Like 8

elliot ness

Cars were born to be out side, tractors inside. Nice W/H. :text-bravo:

• Like 4

TDF5G

You're wife will just have to get used to her Audi being outdoors.  Especially when you buy more tractors now that you have the space for them.  You just can't have only one!  :rolleyes:

• Like 3

ronhatch

Living in Minneapolis, you should have built a nice size shed along time ago. Nothing should be left outside in that climate, not even an

Audi.

• Like 1

WHX??
17 hours ago, HamptonT said:

the fact that I have mechanical abuse issues

So I got this buddy right that's awfully hard on the equipment, sometimes to the point of reckless  Everything he has sets outside even tho he has plenty of space in a huge barn.... that is filled with crap that should go to scrap. He beats the snot out of everything he has then wonders why it's broke. Bought a almost new Dixon Z turn for 4K &  has three summers on it and has yet to change oil and never any maintenance. This happened to it one day. He couldn't figure out why. You guys know the type, we all have a buddy like that right??

All I know is I work pretty hard for my money and very few of my tractors were given to me so I take care of things and respect them.

Takes a big man to admit his faults Hampton ...yer forgiven! :lol:

IMG_20160809_184500227[1].jpg

• Like 4

Tankman
7 hours ago, TDF5G said:

You're wife will just have to get used to her Audi being outdoors.  Especially when you buy more tractors now that you have the space for them.  You just can't have only one!  :rolleyes:

Need several; i.e.: mowing, pushin' snow, turning earth, grading, vac'ing. parades, youngsters, pullin' carts, more. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Perhaps a pink Mare for the Ms.?

carrot-and-stick.jpg.118f912f6ab84496eda69113c0e07b93.jpg

• Like 2

can whlvr

well I can certainly say that I have been very hard on my horses from time to time,ive broken axles,steering parts,all of them,front spindles and axle,front bearings,a couple of trannys,and probally broken the main plate too,i did what I had to do at the time,i don't do that stuff as much anymore since I got a skid steer,i buy them to use them,sometimes a little too much,so I feel its ok as long as I fix it after

• Like 1

c-series don

I think we all know someone like that. I have a friend who drove 30 hours round trip to Indiana to buy a D-160 from the original owner with a snow blower and a cab. Oh by the way the tractor had 72 original hrs on it!!! The only thing the guy used it for was to clear his driveway. When I tell you that this thing looked brand new I'm not exaggerating. I was drooling over it. Now the bad news, he kept it inside at first and then slowly started leaving it outside. Then he took the cab and blower off and I knew it was over for that once beautiful machine. He put one of those crappie blue tarps over it that leaked and then the sun came out and baked the tarp to the hood. Now it just sits outside with no tarp, what a shame. He actually knows without me telling him that I'm pissed about it. By the way the tractor now has less than 100 hrs on it and is for sale. I'm not a D-series guy or else I would have bought it a long time ago. I'm not sure what he wants for it, it really just needs a paint job. I could find out if someone was interested in rescuing this tractor. One other thing, as nice as this thing was when he bought it you could tell that the previous owner took unbelievable care of it. I'm thinking if he knew what was going to happen to it,he would NOT have sold it to my friend. 

• Like 3

Retired Wrencher
On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 6:46 AM, T-Mo said:

None of my tractors, even the "parts" machines, stay outside, but are under a roof of some sort.  I can't stand to see any L&G machine outside, uncovered, no matter the color or the condition.

T-mo.  I agree 100% even my junk parts are under cover. I guess taking pride in what you own.

• Like 1

T-Mo
13 minutes ago, Retierd Wrencher said:

T-mo.  I agree 100% even my junk parts are under cover. I guess taking pride in what you own.

I guess I just hate to see something that is exposed to the elements, plus who knows if that machine, under the proper care and person, may become an everyday worker.  Continually exposing it to the elements will just further erode it and then, even the good parts would become worthless.

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

All my horses. parts and scrap iron are kept  inside.  I don't have the neatest shop, but the neighbors are happy!

• Like 3