Huntemcd

Cab is off

Huntemcd

I decided the cab would come off today. Was easier than I thought. Looks weird now. 

IMG_3492.JPG

• Like 1

rjg854

If you want a place to keep that cap .....

I may be able to help you out with that :ychain:

That's a really fine looking example :handgestures-thumbupright:

Huntemcd
20 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

If you want a place to keep that cap .....

I may be able to help you out with that :ychain:

That's a really fine looking example :handgestures-thumbupright:

Haha no thanks. It is an nos cab so that's why it's so nice. 

rjg854

And it looks brand new!  After all the snow I've been snowblowing lately, I'd really love to have a nice cab like that. 

Huntemcd
4 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

And it looks brand new!  After all the snow I've been snowblowing lately, I'd really love to have a nice cab like that. 

Yup paid a $100 and I was the first to put it together. It's a 77 and came with intructions 

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Did someone tell you winter is over?

Huntemcd
8 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Did someone tell you winter is over?

Nah. It's not running right. Idk if the battery is shot or if my colt meter is bad or what but it won't start on it's own. 

BaySide1

Cab Storage for the summer

Saw a guy on CL had built a bracket on a pallet

Places the cab on the bracket, Covers with plastic

and then shrink wraps it

Makes it easy to move around on the pallet

and it's protected.

00a0a_3Mha1lLFgw8_600x450.jpg

Edited by BaySide1
  • Like 1

lynnmor

Using a cordless drill/driver and wrench, I disassemble much of the cab and store it in the hard top hanging from the ceiling.  It takes up no space that way and isn't much harder to install than wrestling with the cab intact.  Use the same drill/driver to re-install.

• Like 1

squonk

Yup unclip the panels, slide the doors off , 4 bolts for the roof halo and a couple more bolts for the front and rear frame. All stores on a shelf

Ed Kennell

I solved my cab storage problem...I just leave it on the 520 along with the thrower. 

• Like 5

WVHillbilly520H
2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

I solved my cab storage problem...I just leave it on the 520 along with the thrower. 

I have learned that trick too especially since that 2stage can be a PITA to install/remove/store repeat..Jeff.

• Like 3

Huntemcd
5 hours ago, squonk said:

Yup unclip the panels, slide the doors off , 4 bolts for the roof halo and a couple more bolts for the front and rear frame. All stores on a shelf

I hated putting it together and won't take it apart. I'm gonna put it in the top of my grandpas barn and cover it up. It's nice and clean up there. 

4 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Well I actually use my wheel horse for a lot of other things and I couldn't stand having the cab on. Even with the doors off. 

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
3 minutes ago, Huntemcd said:

Well I actually use my wheel horse for a lot of other things and I couldn't stand having the cab on. Even with the doors off. 

Yep that's why I broke down and went on a :wh: buying spree last year tried leaving just the roof and frame work on but kept banging my head while mowing on my rough hilly 3 acres, even though the Dxi didn't work out as planned still have 3 520H and 1 520xi, and a new Mahindra eMax SCUT with FEL...saves a lot of swapping, Jeff.

• Like 4

WHX??

Thinking about taking mine off in one piece and hoisting up in the rafters in the back part of my big shed. Pics on how it pans out  once Ed says winter is over! :lol:

• Like 2

Ed Kennell
2 hours ago, Huntemcd said:

I couldn't stand having the cab on. Even with the doors off. 

I totally agree Huntem.

At WOT, the temperature inside my heated cab stays 30 degrees above the  outside temperature,

so about the only thing my 520  could be used for in the summer is a SAUNA.

Once the WHA disease really takes full effect, and you have over ten Lil red tractors,

this problem of changing implements and enclosures with the seasons will disappear.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 3

squonk

Once the cab is together, You can take it apart in sections. It really isn't that hard. Takes about a half hr. Takes about an hr. to put it back on because of memory fade but it's still pretty simple.

• Like 2

Huntemcd
3 hours ago, squonk said:

Once the cab is together, You can take it apart in sections. It really isn't that hard. Takes about a half hr. Takes about an hr. to put it back on because of memory fade but it's still pretty simple.

Once that cab got together it's staying together. I have a big enough area to store it in one piece. Or isn't that heavy to move by yourself either. 

• Like 1

Upper Canada

I solved my Cab problem. I sold it a few weeks ago. I just found it too cramped inside of it. And then storing it in the summer was a bit of a pain for me. I prefer being out in the open air. 

Ed Kennell

I like being able to see better so I also sold the cab on the 312 plow tractor and I prefer the plow  when the weather is decent.

But the one on the 520 blower tractor will stay and on those cold windy days, I'll be in the warm heated cab.

Huntemcd
1 hour ago, Upper Canada said:

I solved my Cab problem. I sold it a few weeks ago. I just found it too cramped inside of it. And then storing it in the summer was a bit of a pain for me. I prefer being out in the open air. 

I actually really like having a cab. When blowing it's really nice. It gets nice and warm in there.