tims tractors

Going To Re-tire

tims tractors

I,m hoping some can tell me what is the biggest an widest  rear tire I can get on my stock 

rims on a 1276. And those skinny tires on ebay  will they fit my front rims on the same horse.

Thanks. Tim

littleredrider

Most likely you have 7" wide rims, so 23x8.5s would fit. If by chance you have 8.5" wide, then you can go to a 10.5, or maybe lil wider. Fronts depends on width as well, if you have skinny rims, then you can run skinny tires. Not sure what ones you were looking at...

• Like 1

Lee1977

10.50 are as wide as you can go on 7" rims. You will get some rounding up of the tread with a lot of air pressure. I have some 23 10.50 12 Carlisle Turf Masters on 7" rims and keep the air pressure low.

SAM_0265.jpg

• Like 4

Achto

I have 23 x 10.50 x 12 tires on 7" rims for the rear. My old front tires were 6.50 x 8, I now have the Dee Stone 4.00 x 8 on the front.

gallery_14491_636_17465.jpg

• Like 5

Tankman
22 minutes ago, achto said:

I have 23 x 10.50 x 12 tires on 7" rims for the rear. My old front tires were 6.50 x 8, I now have the Dee Stone 4.00 x 8 on the front.

gallery_14491_636_17465.jpg

The 4.00 x 8's on the same rims the 6.50's came off?

The Horse looks capable, great!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

Achto
31 minutes ago, Tankman said:

The 4.00 x 8's on the same rims the 6.50's came off?

Correct, I used the same rims.

• Like 3

tims tractors

Thanks. to all for the help and pictures. I knew when I  ask I would get the answer s I needed this forum is the BEST, Everyone is always so helpful. Ok ok I,ll shut up.

• Like 2

stevebo

Yeah you will want to find a set of rear rims off any 520. You can get the wider tire on them and the off set is correct. This pic show the difference. Left is original like you have now and right is the bigger 520 rim with 23.50 x 10.50 ags Be careful when buying new tires. I have seen 23.50 x 10.50 that were knock offs and were about the same width as the 8.50. 

IMG_1211.JPG

• Like 8

c-series don

I totally agree with Stevebo some of the knock off brands that are supposed to be 10.5 are more like 8.5 so be careful! 

VinsRJ

I just purchased a set of Duro 10.5's for my project, they measure 10 inches wide... for the price with shipping the best deal out there... for the extra .5 inch I wasn't paying north of 200 for a set of Carlisle before shipping.

Edited by VinsRJ
  • Like 3

Achto

I was out in the garage tonight & remembered that I had another set of 10.50's on 7" rims. Thought I'd share.

IMG_20170316_203238704-min.thumb.jpg.0086719e3ff226dd101bebe8e4db77ee.jpg

• Like 5

tims tractors

Hey guys I my tires today 10.50 for the rear and Z tread for the front. Thanks for your help an pictures. Where else can you get the advice of  Senior members,Red square pro,The Moderator,an Advanced members Thanks to all. Tim

I,m going to write a story one of these days about a dealer who passed away not long ago. But in his building I seen 2 WH. tractors late 80 s early 90 s one still in the crate the othersitting out but never had gas or oil put in it they are brand new. more later oh there big tractors. Tim. 

WHX??

Pics when you get the tires on Tim.... doesn't take much to keep us happy around here! :lol: Oh yes and where did you say those NOS tractors are?:ph34r:

Edited by WHX9
  • Like 2