BigMan-TinyTractor

New to forum with some D-250 questions...

BigMan-TinyTractor

Greetings from Virginia everyone.

I'm brand new to the forum as I just bought a '76 D-250 with the Renault 4 cyl in it.

It runs very well and has been taken care of, however the previous owner was a working DIY guy and there is a fair amount of non-OEM mods done to it. He gave me a multitude of spare parts for it also.

He gave me some 3 point parts and bracketing, etc... But it looks as if the tractor came from the factory without the lift option on it.

I know this has been asked before, but are retrofits/OEM upgrades/DIY tinkerer options already in existence for conversion?

I'm a touch let down at the lack of the factory option as the seller made it sound as though it was equipped with a 3 point... Which I definitely require.

There is some good news. Me and the boys are born and bred shadetree mechanics and amateur fabricators, so I'm open to some non factory stuff. This tractor was purchased to work, not to show.

Any links to the factory 3 point option? I've seen the diagram of the links and bars, but not the lift mechanism. Was it built into the transmission/gearbox?

The frame has the necessary holes drilled... I'm sure they used the same frame with and without the 3 point option, but I have no clue.

I have access to some fun hydraulic stuff as I am a forklift mechanic by trade.

Thanks so much ahead of time for any help.

Looking forward to interacting with you all,

Jacob

Edited by BigMan-TinyTractor
  • Like 3

WHX??

Not a 250 expert but they will be along, I know @maxiblue is tho ... in the meantime :WRS: Tiny

• Like 4

Digger 66

Welcome .

Good to have 'ya ! :greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Welcome to the forum.

There is more when you run out of reading material.

Garry

• Like 2

maxiblue

Welcome to RED SQUARE.  No the 3 point does not go to the Transmission It is in depended on its own

runs off a hydraulic cylinder under  the tractor and a pump off the side of the engine. I have 3 D-250s have questions just contact me. 

fm1.JPG

• Like 8

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 1

Achto

:WRS:  @maxiblue would be my go to guy if I found a D250.

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

@BigMan-TinyTractor Welcome to Red Square , no help on the D-250 but there is a lot of knowledge among-st the guys. Where the heck is Hardy , Va. ? 

• Like 1

BigMan-TinyTractor

Thank you all so much.

To answer a couple inquiries, Hardy, VA is just outside of Roanoke, VA... 😀

I think I am starting to understand the situation.  

So, the same hydraulic cylinder that is used to raise and lower the belly mower is used to raise and lower the 3 point... Is that correct?

The hydraulic pump works splendidly and the cylinder doesn't leak either.

It appears as though the rotating linkage bar is double duty for 3 point and the deck... Which if that is true, is great news, because that means I'm down to bars and links to make this gal work.

Thanks again everyone!

Great forum.

Jacob

BigMan-TinyTractor

@maxiblue

Thanks for the heads up.

Am I correct when I assert that the lift cylinder for the belly mower is also used for the three point linkage?

maxiblue

yes you are

• Like 1

BigMan-TinyTractor

Thanks so much.

maxiblue

Big man, I have a picture of my style of 3 point hitch arms. there is 2 styles of 3 point hitches, early and then a later one. the one in the picture is the early one.

3point1.jpg

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

Check eBay as I see these 3pt arms/linkage come up often, also I know it's not :wh: but "cubcadetspecialties.com" has cat "0" 3pt hitch parts/kits that may able to retrofit or fabbed to work, and you're not to far down the road from me in Staunton VA, Jeff.

• Like 1