Richard Stoots

Choke cable

Richard Stoots

I need a choke and throttle cable for a 702, can someone point me in the right direction.  Would prefer with the smaller knobs if possible.

Edited by Richard Stoots
  • Like 1

WHX??

Do a search on 702 in files and you might find more.

You'll find the part numbers and go from there.

Edited by WHX9
  • Like 2

Achto

The cables on this site should do the trick for you. http://www.psep.biz/store/toro_mower_cables.htm Part #'s ROT9135 &  S290148

You will most likely need to cut them to the correct length. I use these cables and have not been disappointed.

• Like 2

WHX??

I was thinking of those too Dan but didn't think they had the small knobbed ones. Maybe they do??

Why am I trying to refurb my large knob 1067 cables for $8.75!?!?! :angry-banghead:

Following this with interest Richard as my 702 & 601 needs one too and would prefer the small knobs for OEM looks. Down side with the early 60's styles as they are not locking and prone to "throttle creep".

Edited by WHX9
add
  • Like 1

wallfish

The knobs thread on or thread and glued on but maybe @GlenPettit sells the smaller style control knobs to replace them on those new assemblies. :confusion-shrug:

Vendor A-Z tractors seems to have a bunch of parts so he may have an original set.

• Like 2

Achto
18 minutes ago, WHX9 said:

I was thinking of those too Dan but didn't think they had the small knobbed ones. Maybe they do??

Why am I trying to refurb my large knob 1067 cables for $8.75!?!?! :angry-banghead:

Ooops, I guess I missed the small knob part. :doh:Those I have yet to find.

I've started to just add new cables to my list right away when I start a project. The one's from www.psep.biz work great & it's one less thing to worry about. I like to make a big order from this site as the shipping is $7.95 no matter what size the order is.

• Like 1

WHX??
1 hour ago, achto said:

to my list right away

List what list...I'm flyin by the seat of my pants here...:lol:Actually I did have a list but it got thrown out the window when I started deviating from plans!

1 hour ago, achto said:

$7.95 no matter what size the order is.

I see that ...nice! I got a list from them started now let me know if you need anything upcoming

2 hours ago, wallfish said:

@GlenPettit sells the smaller style control knobs

Good Idea John, will ask,... have to order some things from him now as well.

WHX??

Glen says no guys. He said  originals were cast/molded right to the wire 'fish and  says glue wont' hold them on. He mentioned he doesn't want to get into the cable making business but knows a guy who might start making them. Maybe he will be chime in to elaborate. 

So here's what i am thinking. Get one of the locking style from Pat's and butcher the large knob off and try and modify small knob (I have a couple with the cable cut off) on thru threaded crimp ons or some type of high strenhgt epoxy?? Would only be out the 8.75 for the cable if it doesn't pan out and I pay more than that for a pack of gaggers!?!? Just thinkin out loud here 

• Like 1

evanloock

wallfish
3 hours ago, WHX9 said:

(I have a couple with the cable cut off)

I've replaced cables onto those. It's a real pain but you need to drill a hole in the end where the cable attaches. I have many wire crimp tools from work to crimp them. I roughen the wire surface real good and put a couple of small bends in it. It's difficult to get into the hole but that makes it harder to pull out too.

I like the link evanloock posted, they look good!

• Like 2

WHX??

Yes thank you @evanloock