boovuc

Blowin' with a cab

wallfish
20 minutes ago, boovuc said:

However........I'll need to get a small 12 volt fan to run against the front plexi-panel.

Mounted one of these to the roof blowing right on the windshield. Works great! Mine is glass but should do the trick for you too. Plus they're cheap

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=12v+heater

• Like 1

Adams94

Nice outfit! Whats the model of that beast with a loader photo bombing.:text-coolphotos::wh:

WHX??

I think I see a swept axle ...520 my guess!:greetings-clappingyellow:

My 416 heats the cab nicely...520 not so much

Me thinks you need some cab lights Boo..."just in case" !!! :lol:

Very :text-coolphotos: heavy!

Edited by WHX9
  • Like 1

boovuc

Its a 520H. It will be out later to move the heavy-duty piles left by the plows tonight. I blew the driveway twice now. About an inch on it now and they are forecasting another inch yet to fall as of this post. Then mother nature will start blowing snow.

About 15+ inches in Rote, PA. as of 4PM. Just about where the NWS said it would be on their upper forecast. 

I like that fan John. No lights for the roof on this cab. Maybe a rear light off the fender. Every time I mod one of these guys, it rebel's. They seem to like their original equipment!  :lol:

• Like 2

lynnmor

I replaced the plastic windshield with a glass and a wiper, way better.  I think you can still buy new for ONLY $180.00 for the windshield and another $180.00 for the wiper.  :ph34r:

Cee245

That's a nice set up boovuc!  Really envious of the cab on a day like this here in NW PA. 

I have a blower like that but with shorter chute.  I blew out the driveway with about 6-10" of snow in swirling wind, At times it seemed like I had my face in front of the chute. Lots of icicles in the beard, I tell the wife "This is why I NEED to get a cab!"  Ive been looking for one this year and haven't found one yet.

C

wallfish
3 hours ago, lynnmor said:

I replaced the plastic windshield with a glass and a wiper, way better. 

DEFINITELY is. Have the same setup but mine came that way. That little heater/fan is used for a defroster, it will not melt any snow or ice attached to the outside of the windshield but does enough to keep it from fogging the inside. Can't go wrong for $10, and only $8 if you use a 20% coupon.

• Like 1

Blasterdad

Original Lemon Pledge furniture polish will keep it from fogging up too...

Used to use it on my ski / snowmobile goggles...;)

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor
2 hours ago, Cee245 said:

That's a nice set up boovuc!  Really envious of the cab on a day like this here in NW PA. 

I have a blower like that but with shorter chute.  I blew out the driveway with about 6-10" of snow in swirling wind, At times it seemed like I had my face in front of the chute. Lots of icicles in the beard, I tell the wife "This is why I NEED to get a cab!"  Ive been looking for one this year and haven't found one yet.

C

Keep looking. It is well worth it. I even have one on my walk behind snowblower because I got tired of  getting a face full of snow!

• Like 1

js5020

No cab here either,,, so I put on the atv  helmet.  Still look like a snowman but my face doesn't  get covered in snow and frozen!