slim67

clean 857

wildman

Looks like it has had some touch up can see it around the ID tag .Doesn't hurt it thats one fine looking rig

slim67

Here is a video of it running. Now it was Saturday morning in an unheated garage and it was very cold. In the teens I was told but I didn't check myself. Anyways this tractor has been sitting for awhile and had dead battery. 

IMG_0501.MOV

Elkskin's mower junkyard

Paint looks a little dark (unless its just the pictures). like other suggested i think its been repainted. now for missing hitch. stock it should of had the slot hitch with cable.

Edited by craftsmanmowerfreak

slim67
4 minutes ago, craftsmanmowerfreak said:

Paint looks a little dark (unless its just the pictures). like other suggested i think its been repainted. now for missing hitch. stock it should of had the slot hitch with cable.

It wasn't a well lit garage but you may be right. Check the vid.

Elkskin's mower junkyard
Just now, slim67 said:

It wasn't a well lit garage but you may be right. Check the vid.

i did it looks a little brighter in video. i bet it was redone with international red.

slim67
Just now, craftsmanmowerfreak said:

i did it looks a little brighter in video. i bet it was redone with international red.

I like the fact that someone tried to keep it up plus if I ever get the interest to do it nicer it won't be so much work

Elkskin's mower junkyard
2 minutes ago, slim67 said:

I like the fact that someone tried to keep it up plus if I ever get the interest to do it nicer it won't be so much work

if you get it look at belt guard its not on right there shouldnt be a big gap like it has. now for it not wanting to stay running in cold my workhorse 700 thats been repowered with a 8hp kohler and my 701 both are somewhat of a pain until warmed up.

slim67

I will make sure to look that over. Thanks 

stevasaurus

This was marked down from $429 to $399...and you can't even ride it, pull a trailer, go to a show or push snow with it.....and it will not last as long as the 857.  That is what I am talking about when I say a ride on is worth $400 all day....especially a short, frame, square hood.  :occasion-xmas:

I had a picture of a walk behind lawn mower here.  Now it is gone???

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 2

cschannuth
11 hours ago, craftsmanmowerfreak said:

That is a sweet looking horse. My dad's old 161 looks dark too and it's original paint with some touch up so it might be age. This is it compared to the redone 701 I got from Denny Clarke. 

image.thumb.jpeg.c09983e4a7348cc37e0c2c659760a457.jpeg

• Like 6

stevebo

I recently purchased this one and has the same color paint.. Mine looke to have had some touch ups but not a complete repaint. I bet that is the color paint used at that time..

IMG_0665.JPG

IMG_2707.JPG

IMG_1230.JPG

• Like 5

ACman

What the heck you waiting for ! Go get that HORSE  ! If you don't end up wanting to keep it , there's plenty of us here that love to take it off your hands !!! IMG_1733.GIF.7ccd08941066e296546888a79c3394d7.GIF

Edited by ACman
  • Like 1

slim67
3 hours ago, ACman said:

What the heck you waiting for ! Go get that HORSE  ! If you don't end up wanting to keep it , there's plenty of us here that love to take it off your hands !!! IMG_1733.GIF.7ccd08941066e296546888a79c3394d7.GIF

I have to go plow snow this morning. The big bad nor'easter we were waiting for. I am going Thursday or Friday. I already let the gentleman know I would buy it from him. As with the others,if it's got to go, it will be sold on here first. 

4 hours ago, cschannuth said:

That is a sweet looking horse. My dad's old 161 looks dark too and it's original paint with some touch up so it might be age. This is it compared to the redone 701 I got from Denny Clarke. 

image.thumb.jpeg.c09983e4a7348cc37e0c2c659760a457.jpeg

Couple of nice tractors you have there.

• Like 2

RedHorse54
8 hours ago, stevebo said:

I recently purchased this one and has the same color paint.. Mine looke to have had some touch ups but not a complete repaint. I bet that is the color paint used at that time..

IMG_0665.JPG

IMG_2707.JPG

IMG_1230.JPG

There's one that looks just like that, same looking patina, running and driving for $200 in my area no attachments. Is it worth it?

ACman
9 minutes ago, RedHorse54 said:

There's one that looks just like that, same looking patina, running and driving for $200 in my area no attachments. Is it worth it?

IMG_1724.GIF.ed361868e26d7c3d92b1ce7a02bf5c20.GIF What's with these guys... RUN , don't HESITATE , PROCRASTINATE , HIM-HAA ,TWITTLE YOUR THUMBS , MOZEY AROUND...

Someone will swoop in and grab them right from under your nose...

This isn't no IMG_1732.GIF.5d6e4cbed13ab00ae608c700f0d4e0bd.GIF it's happened to me more than once !  :angry-cussingblack:

• Like 3

stevebo

It is up to you. Like my wife says "it is not a good deal if you don't need it"  ....

cschannuth
9 minutes ago, stevebo said:

It is up to you. Like my wife says "it is not a good deal if you don't need it"  ....

My wife has that same saying. My saying is a little different: " if I needed it I wouldn't want it and usually if I want it I don't need it. ". Of course our wives are right. 

• Like 2

wallfish
31 minutes ago, stevebo said:

Don't you have a whole barn full of "Don't need it"?

• Like 3

Aldon

IMG_0354.thumb.PNG.7c22a1185a83a1672e1232e9e02ce2b9.PNGTouche'

Edited by Aldon
  • Like 1

stevebo
10 minutes ago, wallfish said:

Don't you have a whole barn full of "Don't need it"?

Yeah she is a good woman...

• Like 2

T-Mo

Just tell the wife, "It's on clearance!!!!"  For some reason, my wife can't seem to avoid the clearance aisles and usually buys something that we really don't need only because it was on clearance.

• Like 6

953 nut
1 hour ago, stevebo said:

Image result for I need a fix

• Like 1

c-series don

It's needs vs wants. I don't NEED 15 Wheel Horses and implements but I do WANT them! I didn't NEED to purchase a N.O.S. Wheel Horse planter but I really did WANT it! Then there's wants vs financial ability, I really want a 420 LSE but...... 

• Like 3

slim67

Remember there are people out there with way more expensive hobbies than what we do. Besides I need tractors to do work around the house;), one for this and one for that,then an extra in case of?

• Like 4

WHX??

Indeed ...who has the NEED for a front mounted reel mower for an RJ when you have a 60" deck on a 18+ HP tractor??

• Like 3