tallen4392

commando 8 pulley

tallen4392

Trying to figure out where and  how this pulley  bolts on  it is just dangling from the right side pedal hooked to a spring anyone have a pic of where this goes i have been looking for a good picture but cannot find one i know it is for assessorys like a mower deck but would like to figure it out...   THANKS for all the help  

Edited by tallen4392

Achto

Are you talking about the pulley for the PTO drive for the deck.Inked3714_LI.jpg.8ae2efaaa8a87ea843c690c97050a8ae.jpg

tallen4392

Yes it is attached to the pedal all the. Pics I see r like your u can't tell what it bolts to the frame or another bracket 

gwest_ca

See if you can figure it out from this

The parts illustration is better than the photos.

Garry

Ed Kennell

IMG_7146.thumb.JPG.5d846f8b01310913fc26efaf2971b2cb.JPGIMG_3302.thumb.JPG.66a494824dcb026bba9926f8e0136e78.JPG

That is the tensioning pulley for the deck drive belt. It is attached to the spring loaded pedal that pulls the pulley to the rear tightening the belt when the pedal is released.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 2

tallen4392

Those will help I can  see I am missing that plate that bolts to the frame with the lower pulley on it  I think I am missing something to mount the idler pulley too I will have to look tommorow it talked about a pin or something  thanks I'll try again tommorow and see what I am missing I wish I could find a parts diagram that shows those parts on the machine  but so far have not been able too thanks again 

Ed Kennell

Yeah, to install the deck, you need the mid attach-a-matic which also is the mount for the pulleys.

The assembly is a little confusing, but all these parts are shown in the manual that Garry posted above. 

I no longer have the deck on my Commando, but I think my 875 has the same arrangement.

I can get a detailed pic tomorrow.

tallen4392

Thanks so much so does that idler pulley attach to that bracket that I am missing that bolts to the frame

I would snap a pic and show what I have but last time I could not post a picture I must be doing something wrong 

Ed Kennell

I am not sure if it attaches to the plate or to the pedal.   Were you able to open the manual that  Garry posted?

I will get detailed pics tomorrow.

Do you have your pics on a laptop?

tallen4392

I would snap a pic and show what I have but last time I could not post a picture I must be doing something wrong 

I was able to open the manual but as u know the pics are very blurry I have the pics on my I phone I could not put pics on before I don't know why 

I know I need that frame bracket to mount the lower pulley but not sure about the middle one that goes to the pedal 

Ed Kennell

The lower pulley is actually mounted on the mower deck and the deck is mounted to the plates ( one on each side of the tractor).

I can't help you with the pic posting problem....old geezers have dumb phones.   One of the young geeks should be along to help solve the pic problem.

Achto

Here's another pic. The arm for the pulley mounts to the mid attach-o-matic plate then has a rod running to the peddle.arrow.jpg.276849563c6f86989910ca2b4ee7b142.jpg

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat:  achtos pic with the deck off shows the tensioning pulley mounted on the attach-a-matic  plate and the rub mark from the deck drive pulley. 

Here are some pics I took this morning of the 875.

View from the front. See the pulley is on a swinging arm on the pin in the side plate and the swinging bar is connected to the pedal by another bar.

IMG_7157.thumb.JPG.e9795cd92d9ffbdc517bfc4b0130a4a4.JPG

And viewed from the rear showing the spring that pulls the pedal, link bar, and the pulley back to tension the drive belt.

IMG_7152.thumb.JPG.a0178e903971d70b7a543a211663bb61.JPG

View from front  underside of the deck mount and drive pulley.

IMG_7153.thumb.JPG.1895749270acc139bd4a5a4b2aa2cd79.JPG

And the mid mount attach-a-matic that you need. Note the pin that the swinging pulley bar mounts to.

IMG_7160.thumb.JPG.a497e4063c281009dbd2da13b42d5948.JPG

Hope this helps.

IMG_7154.JPG

• Like 2

tallen4392

THanks so much for all the great pics and info now i just have to find those pieces

Ed Kennell

If you are interested in the attach-a-matic I have pictured, send me a PM  for prices.

tallen4392

It looks like that is what I need ??

tallen4392

Hey ED can you tell me the size of those rear tires on your machine and more about those weights  

Ed Kennell
14 minutes ago, tallen4392 said:

Hey ED can you tell me the size of those rear tires on your machine and more about those weights  

Which tractor..the Commando has the ags  and the 875 has turfs.   Neither have weights.

tallen4392

The commando  I sent you a email too

Ed Kennell

I'll check the tire size tomorrow.   I did reply to your PM and the email.