harvtheman99

what would be the correct paint for a wheel horse 227-5

harvtheman99

does anyone know what the correct paint for a wheel horse 227-5 as i have bought one and it needs restoring. if you could tell me what it is it would be much appreciated. thank you

wheel horse 227-5.jpg

Achto

This link will have many suggestions. Good luck with your project.:)

harvtheman99

thanks i have started with new oil and a new oil filter, a new battery and a good clean. it also runs well.  it was quite beat up when i bought it.

953 nut

:WRS:   If you have the equipment to spry the paint I would strongly recommend using an Alkyd Enamel  with a Catalyst Hardener, it will give you a higher gloss and a much better finish.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Tinman1962
      By Tinman1962
      What color is this called n where can one buy some

• ToroMan
      By ToroMan
      Evening,

Looking for a known aftermarket paint brand and color number match for my Toro 520xi model #73542. Normally I would have the local auto paint store match a tractor part, but due to Covid, that's not an option right now. Was hoping someone can recommend a color they have used for the same tractor, as I've heard paint with the Toro label is a bad match.

Thanks!
    • Blackhood Bill
      By Blackhood Bill
      I'm located in central Indiana. It's now on the colder side here and I'm in the middle of a project. Project now slowed down due to cold and no heated area to paint in. Just wondering what everyone else was doing in a similar situation. Would like to see pictures and maybe an explanation of how and what you have to paint inside to control overspray and paint odor.
    • ohiofarmer
      By ohiofarmer
      So  So  we have 16 wheels to do.lets get started.
    • JoeM
      By JoeM
      I recently acquired a C160A and the PO repainted over the factory finish on the hood. The rest of the machine looks to be pretty much original and I like the used look.
      My question, has anyone taking off a coat of paint to machine the old finish?
      Tips welcome.
      Joe
      +