PSully

C-81 Rear Lift (Wouldn't you know it?)

PSully

Before I bought my one and only (so far) Wheel Horse, I bought a couple of Brinley rear plows for my Cub Cadets. One of the plows came with a rear lift bracket for a Wheel Horse which I had sold before I bought my C-81. Now here I am sitting around and wondering what parts I'll need to use rear implements on my 81 when I remembered the rear lift bracket that I sold. :wacko:

IMG_2291.JPG

Edited by PSully
  • Like 1

DennisThornton

Good news is you'll have lots of help & that you have the most expensive part if not all the parts...  You see a cable in there somewhere? 

Stay tuned for the details. 

PSully
9 hours ago, DennisThornton said:

Good news is you'll have lots of help & that you have the most expensive part if not all the parts...  You see a cable in there somewhere? 

Stay tuned for the details. 

Thanks Dennis,

I probably didn't communicate well enough the fact that I sold the rear lift bracket before I bought the Wheel Horse.

Not knowing that I would need that part down the road, I threw it on eBay as an auction. If I remember right, I got about $60 for it. :( At that sorry period in my life I didn't realize how cool Wheel Horses are, and that I would need that part someday.

Anyway, I can put the rear lift on the back burner for a while. Thanks to Wallfish, I have a mower deck to sling under the C-81, so at least it will find some useful employment in cutting grass. The deck will need some work, and I'll do a new thread on that when I'm ready to start. I've seen some rear lift parts on eBay, but there are other places for my money to go at the moment.

In the meantime; These two pictures show the trailer hitch that was on the tractor when I bought it, and the draw-bar after I removed the hitch. I'm not really sure if the draw-bar is correct, or if anything is missing.

Thanks,

Paul

c-81 rear hitch1.jpg

C-81 rear hitch2.JPG

Rob R

Rear Hitch looks good to me.

C-81 3 speed  (4).JPG

• Like 1

Achto

@wheelhorseman1000 Sells two different styles of Brinly hitches for :wh: tractors.

If you are handy with fab work here is a drawing.also.

• Like 2

PSully
11 hours ago, achto said:

@wheelhorseman1000 Sells two different styles of Brinly hitches for :wh: tractors.

If you are handy with fab work here is a drawing.also.

I bought some tie rod ends from wheelhorse100 through eBay, he took good care of me. I'm not really set up to fab something like that.

11 hours ago, rgrottk said:

Rear Hitch looks good to me.

C-81 3 speed  (4).JPG

Okay, great! at least I know there's nothing missing. Hey, I like those ag tires!

• Like 3