iicap

Conversion

iicap

As I catch up on the sites history, I havn't found anything about putting the long chute on my short chute 36" blower (Mod/# 6 6212 8), (S/N 909808). Does it attach using the same 2 studs and bolt holes that the short chute uses or do I have to modify the mounting?

Thanks, iicap

iicap

Thanks Nick, from the pics of TT's conversion it looks pretty simple

Richard

TT

It's very straightforward and simple, Richard. Four bolts hold the chute assembly to the main housing via the rollers, and a few other bolts hold the chute rotator handle in place. Once all of that stuff is removed, the tall chute assembly goes on in the same four holes used to secure the short chute rollers. :thumbs:

The hardest part is finding the tall chute assembly/rotator handle/handle support that someone is willing to part with. :whistle:

Start:

WHmisc009.jpg

Halfway there:

WHmisc019.jpg

Almost done:

WHmisc022.jpg

Done:

416snowcrew004.jpg

Lettin' 'er rip! :

011809snow012.jpg

This conversion took about 20 minutes with hand tools. I left the bracket on the housing in case I have to switch back to the short chute, but since using it with the tall chute I really don't see that happening!

The thrower doesn't actually work any better, but the smaller diameter chute helps hold the discharge material in a tighter plume - much like comparing a shotgun to a rifle as far as accuracy is concerned. I also like the immediate response and reliability of the worm geared chute rotator mechanism as opposed to the prehistoric "clothesline on a stick" design. :whistle:

• Like 1

iicap

Thanks TT, I guess I have to join in on the search and save them from the scrapper mission. Already pulled a 36" deck out of the metal bin at the town dump week or so ago. Was dumping a microwave, looked in and saw a red deck in there. A young man helped me haul it out and it was Wheel Horse, I smiled as I loaded it in the pick up, thanks again, Richard