whfan74

Still collecting!

T-Mo

Scott,

I was just thinking about you this morning and if you were still "horsing" around (sorry for the bad pun, but I couldn't resist).  It's good to see our earlier RS members still in this hobby.

I really like that 701 and 603.  A 603 came up for sale recently on our local Craig's List, but I didn't jump on it.  I should have - those don't come around too often, I don't believe.

• Like 1

whfan74
15 minutes ago, T-Mo said:

Scott,

I was just thinking about you this morning and if you were still "horsing" around (sorry for the bad pun, but I couldn't resist).  It's good to see our earlier RS members still in this hobby.

I really like that 701 and 603.  A 603 came up for sale recently on our local Craig's List, but I didn't jump on it.  I should have - those don't come around too often, I don't believe.

@T-Mo

I am still around but have slipped back in to the shadows more.  I am loving every minute of racing around Northern Indiana watching my kids in their various sporting events.  I know the tractors will always be there but these moments with family will quickly slip away if not careful.  

I am sad to say I highly doubt I will be at any shows this year.  Maybe I can sneak in a local parade or two, but we will see.  I still enjoy seeing what everyone else is up to.

Another 603 would be nice.  They are out there but it seems to be tougher to find those critters!

• Like 2

T-Mo
21 minutes ago, whfan74 said:

@T-Mo

I am still around but have slipped back in to the shadows more.  I am loving every minute of racing around Northern Indiana watching my kids in their various sporting events.  I know the tractors will always be there but these moments with family will quickly slip away if not careful.  

I am sad to say I highly doubt I will be at any shows this year.  Maybe I can sneak in a local parade or two, but we will see.  I still enjoy seeing what everyone else is up to.

Another 603 would be nice.  They are out there but it seems to be tougher to find those critters!

Shows are hard to come by here in this part of Missouri, I'm sorry to report.  So, at least there are shows to go to in Indiana and points east.

I hear you on the family thing.  My kids are grown and have kids of their own, but I often wished I had more time to spend with my kids when they were growing up.  They're only young once and from experience, you will regret the times you missed with your kids when they're growing up.  I know I do.

• Like 1

Sparky

All nice tractors Scott. I'm really starting to like the patina machines better than the restored ones...maybe its because my old face is starting to get "patina'd"  :wacko: !

Mike........

• Like 7

whfan74
2 minutes ago, Sparky said:

All nice tractors Scott. I'm really starting to like the patina machines better than the restored ones...maybe its because my old face is starting to get "patina'd"  :wacko: !

Mike........

@Sparky

That isn't patina........just experience and wisdom!

• Like 4

Elkskin's mower junkyard
1 hour ago, whfan74 said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=233175c88be08e9bThe time and interest for these machines has dwindled away with family  commitments and job requirements. Though there is little to no time left to head out in the barn, the tractors are still there and I still get much joy from picking up different machines. There is just really something special that continues to draw you back  to them. Here are a few that I have picked up over the last year.  

Beautiful 701

IMG_2438.thumb.JPG.1322c7a7d97f224f823516e6bd6c65d0.JPG

Previously restored 603

IMG_2472.thumb.JPG.aaa607ef88dd2e9429cf2e72671fc8ce.JPG

Some nice patina on the RJ 58

IMG_2471.thumb.JPG.f8282d8a9bb9fc2e90ac27468ea373ca.JPG

A custom touch to a Lawn Ranger

IMG_1909.thumb.JPG.11a69e99d0b0f15dcb7c345def3b5df2.JPG

A fairly clean 855

IMG_2473.thumb.JPG.8fc9d21de3e7598f5f8b2a1fe93c8501.JPG

Straight Raider 9

IMG_2475.thumb.JPG.17ee11a51b585ccc898eb7676b86df35.JPG

A pieced together 551 with some wrong parts

IMG_2476.thumb.JPG.91ad98d118b39364ef47107cc29f33d4.JPG

And finally my most recent toy......I mean Swapmeet buggy!  

IMG_2474.thumb.JPG.5e2f73e4e6135fc7c1845ff2b4d8e95d.JPG

Though things have changed, I still enjoy these things.  As much as I would like to move them on for someone else to enjoy, they just can't be replaced.  Hoping that someday the time will be there to play with them a bit more.  Until then, the search always continues for the next bargain!

Hey Scott its Tyler. maybe next time i am up near Dereks i can stop by your place and check out some of the horses. You got a good collection. i just managed to snag a set of 701 footrests off someone on fb for 40 bucks the other day. I always enjoy seeing your posts of the hauls you get.  

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Excellent photos Scott...love the 701.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  Good to see you still hanging around.  :)

• Like 3

squonk
6 hours ago, Sparky said:

Mike........

Stay away from Stevebo and the salad dressing! :lol:

• Like 3

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Scot, you always get nice unique items, best of luck with the kids. I find myself on a similar path right now. Doing things with kids can never be replaced.

Glenn

• Like 2

whfan74

A few of these will be going up for sale this spring.  I have a few others that will be on the chopping block as well.  It seems that every time I try to thin the herd, get rid of attachments, and move some parts, I end up with more than I started with.

Hoping to get dad set up down at Portland for a few days in May to help thin things out.  I will try and post some goodies on here for your viewing enjoyment!

• Like 1

stevebo
1 hour ago, squonk said:

Stay away from Stevebo and the salad dressing! :lol:

Now Mike that is not nice.....

@Scott - I too love spending time with kids and sports. I just finished up the wrestling season last Sunday where the boy captured his 4th state champion title. I am the president and coach so when the season is over I am shot. Now back to spending time with the boy in the barn working on tractors....

• Like 1

whfan74

@stevebo that is awesome!  Congrats to both of you on the accomplishment!

I have always said the tractors aren't going anywhere, but I only get one crack at my kids while they are young.  I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Retired Wrencher

Scott. Very nice tractors. As time goes on you will find more time to do what you like to do. Enjoy them while you have.