Racinbob

Craftsman

Racinbob

Many of you know about our move back to our home state of Indiana. Well, the closing date has been set for March 10th. I just found out yesterday that the seller is going to leave these two items. There's a lot to mow and I actually thing the seller is trying to do me a favor. She doesn't know that I have real tractors :rolleyes: The Agri-Fab will probably get some red paint and I'll just use the trailer to haul the grandkids around. I can see that the mower has an 18.5 hp Kohler Magnum twin and a 46" deck. Does anybody know the model?

On my trip up to close I've got a cargo trailer reserved and I'll be bringing my Wheel Horses up. The plan is to leave them up there along with my truck and fly back here. We will then have a semi trailer sitting in the drive to haul everything else. Once we close on this place my wife and I will come back up in her car. When I unload my tractors I'll be sure to keep them as far away as possible from this thing. :)

58b704df26c4c_Craftsmantractor.thumb.jpg.3d9f51374da0922744d10ecde3779140.jpg58b704eadb266_Leafcollector.thumb.jpg.56238862c49d2b53fac4e3ab5641bc41.jpg

• Like 6

T-Mo

Maybe @Docwheelhorse, would want that Craftsman tractor?  He has a penchant for them as well as the Horses.

WHX??

Maybe @craftsmanmowerfreak would want it.... seems he favors them too! Actually doesn't look like too bad of a unit!

Elkskin's mower junkyard

those craftsman gts are decent machines. looks like a hydro. where in indiana are you moving to? one word of caution dont push the craftsman gt too fast in tall grass main belt breaks going to deck (some people do it over and over and cant figure out that they are pushing it too hard lol) have worked on many of these gts.

6 minutes ago, WHX9 said:

Maybe @craftsmanmowerfreak would want it.... seems he favors them too! Actually doesn't look like too bad of a unit!

a little too new for me lol.

• Like 1

AMC RULES
2 hours ago, Racinbob said:

.I'll be sure to keep them as far away as possible from this thing. :)

58b704df26c4c_Craftsmantractor.thumb.jpg.3d9f51374da0922744d10ecde3779140.jpg

:text-thankyoublue:

wildman

That GT Craftsman is a good worker they don't build them like that anymore

Docwheelhorse

Hi, how much and whete is it... mighy be interested . Thise Kohlers / Hydros are decent rigs. 

Docwheelhorse

Looks like a mid to late 90s / early 2000s GT 3000

Racinbob

Thanks Doc. I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet. I have no clue how it runs. I'll get the model when I get up there next week. My Wheel Horses will keep it in line. :teasing-whipblue:

• Like 3

mike416

I actually had one of those that I bought new somewhere around 1996. Finally sold it to my uncle who still has it. It was a really good mower for the most part (definitely not a wheel horse) and was pretty reliable. The only issue for me was that the 3 blade 46" mower deck really struggled in even just moderately tall grass. Left weeds and dandelions standing like crazy. Didn't matter what type of blades I used either.

• Like 1

DennisThornton

I have a couple horizontal AYP GTs and appreciate them.  Both are 3x2 speeds like our 8spd WH. Don't have any experience with their hydros. 

• Like 1

DougC

Keep it and use it to mow and leaf duty Bob. It will save wear and tear on your horses and keep the hours down on them as well.  :)  And it's free.........

Hope all goes well with the closing and the move as well.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Racinbob

That's what I was thinking Doug. I can wear sunglasses and maybe nobody will recognize me on a Craftsman. B)

• Like 2

Terry M

Bob, although it's a craftsman....If it runs and cuts, I think you should just keep it and use it.     It looks to be in good shape in the pic and it's free.

Just saying..:)

• Like 1

Racinbob

That's probably what I'll do Terry. I'm thinking it will have a higher ground speed mowing too. I posted on the Garden Tractor Talk forum and got a lot of good advice there. Next weekend the house will be ours so I will be able to get a better look at it. Who knows what other goodies they might be leaving behind. I know there's a big exercise machine that's staying. They said it was too big and heavy to move and they didn't know how to dismantle it. Some folks might be thinking exercise........I'm thinking tractor weights. :D

• Like 3

wallfish
1 hour ago, Racinbob said:

I know there's a big exercise machine that's staying.

I know what those are, a wife's very large and heavy coat hanger.

• Like 4