19richie66

Skittles, the GT14

Racinbob

That's awesome Richie. Can't wait to see it at the big show. :handgestures-thumbupright::handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@19richie66  Most of us stay confused when BRF comments. 

• Haha 3

Aldon

Just EXCELLENT!!!

• Thanks 1

Big_Red_Fred

2 many Meds, i sleep in closet upside down

I'm hitting the sheets, just so you all no, i took different employment, & a night shift, so there will be no more tard comments from BRF peanut gallery, Night Bloats 

• Haha 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Big_Red_Fred working night shift means you can converse with us Ole retired goats from a 3 pm until you have to report for work.

• Like 3

19richie66
17 minutes ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

2 many Meds, i sleep in closet upside down

I'm hitting the sheets, just so you all no, i took different employment, & a night shift, so there will be no more tard comments from BRF peanut gallery, Night Bloats 

You just take it easy big fella. Love the comments. Get some rest. 

• Like 2

Big_Red_Fred

Remember Eddie Munster coming out of the Closet hahaha, well that maybe BRF too, Snowing like crazy here boys, i seen a 520H on my street coming home with a 2 stage kickn up the white stuff, didnt know he exsisted on my Lane

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

WVHillbilly520H
42 minutes ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

, Snowing like crazy here boys, i seen a 520H on my street coming home with a 2 stage kickn up the white stuff, didnt know he exsisted on my Lane

Ssshhhh, don't tell 'em they'll be try'n to rustle that monster for further north...:scared-shocked:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

PeacemakerJack

I’m looking forward to seeing this hood hinge system completed. I really like what I’m seeing so far.  I think that a video would be a great way to show the operation of it when it is complete and functional. Excellent work Rich:greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 2

19richie66

Hope to get to work on it more this weekend. I’ll definitely make a video when done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

cpete1

I just went back over this thread, apparently I missed a page or two (that had pictures),  Lexon for the electrical, Man, nice, nice , nice work. Everything, Nice job. Looking forward to more posts....

Very Very impressive.

Chris

• Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

Thank you Sir!  Much appreciated. The Good Lord gave me the ability to work with my hands. I try to do the best I can with what I have. If I had a mill and a lathe, I might scare myself but oh what I could make. 👍

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 3

19richie66

Hood hinge almost done. So I decided to try my hand at multitasking. So I have this foot pedal assy from an un-named green tractor that I am going to try and use on this. It mounted below the foot rest. How ever the gt14’s footrest is too wide for this to sit right. So I figured if I cut it right down the middle, sleeve the rods and weld a wider backing plate to it, I can mount it right to the bottom of the frame and bring the pedals right up through the right foot rest. This tractor will never mow anyways. After the paint that was put on it and the abuse it was put through, Skittles will have nice life. More to come as it progresses. The picture with the red background I borrowed but this is the same assembly I will be using. 

97B15B49-B63C-4DDD-BEDE-085E5A284A7A.jpeg

AF1D871B-2E52-4FE5-AFA9-C62C36C5D0E6.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

PeacemakerJack

:text-yeahthat:can’t wait to see this come together—I may have to copy on Blackbeard since it will be 10 years before Zach is old enough to restore it to original with me. I have access to some parts that I can modify for now and yet keep the original parts for installation During the restore.

YOU—>:tools-hammerdrill:

ME—->:popcorn:

• Haha 4

19richie66

Foot pedal assembly widened, mounting plate made and all tacked together. Mounting plate is sandwiched between foot rests and frame. Ran out of daylight. Will clean it up and weld it solid after getting it mounted and linkage hooked up. Mounting plate will be trimmed and opened up so as to not hold dirt and mud, not that it will see much of either. Maybe........

EB6D1DEC-9D89-4072-97C6-08042CBE47A2.jpeg

D2B3C072-906C-4B68-A1D9-98865038A30D.jpeg

7E03E038-DABC-4DB7-9F62-7A048E61F3BD.jpeg

D21A2A6B-1170-41C7-B464-C6893FD105C6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Ran out of daylight.

Craziest thing ever.... Up here in thah nahth we have these ummm... lights... with switches and stuff....Wicked cool... you can do stuff after the sun goes away.... I've seen 'em other places too. Stores prolly sell 'um down there too.

Seriously Richie... awesome work you're doing there!!!

Great thread to follow.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

19richie66

I have an led worklight but the shadows and my eyes don’t make for a good combo. Thanks though😂

• Like 2

Sarge

Boy - I know how that works - even in direct sunlight if I'm working on something that is shadowed I'm screwed - can't see it for nothing. Most times I have this thing strapped to my skull and I get a lot of guff about the thing, but  - it really helps a lot and the 18650 rechargeable cell lasts all day - or at least longer than I want to work on stuff. I've easily owned over a dozen different headlamps - this one is by far the best yet and well worth the coin. I'm going blind from a defect, so I prefer not to run into stuff and work outside day and night here in the summer...as well as winter at times.

https://www.fenixlighting.com/product/fenix-hl60r-rechargeable-headlamp/

Sarge

• Like 1

19richie66

I have two head strap led lights but I bought me an led worklight because I got tired of the halogen one always getting hot and burning bulbs. I picked up one of these and couldn’t be happier. Someone traded it back in on the tool truck so I got it marked way down but it was still basically brand new. I love it.

https://www.zoro.com/atec-work-light-oval-cob-led-1050-lm-111vdc-12-1037/i/G7116140/

7B2C08E4-1DA8-424D-A8B7-AAFCBBBD50AE.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 3

Sarge

I'd bet we could probably start a huge thread in the tools/equipment section on nothing but flashlights and such - I own far many than anyone I know. You can't move anywhere around here without finding one or three...lol.

Sarge

• Haha 2

DennisThornton
On Sun Jan 28 2018 at 9:27 PM, Sarge said:

I'd bet we could probably start a huge thread in the tools/equipment section on nothing but flashlights and such - I own far many than anyone I know. You can't move anywhere around here without finding one or three...lol.

Sarge

Then get it started!  I must have a fetish for flashlights! Or I hate not being able to see... 

Hate hearing of your issue as well...  May it progress at a crippled snail's pace! 

• Like 1

Sarge

Might just do that - as well as a list of favorite tools used on Horses, or otherwise. Been a mechanic since I was in the single digits - sometimes I wish Dad had smacked me in the head for ever picking up a tool the first time. Started on my bicycle, went forward from there without fear that I couldn't repair something - boy, did that ever lead down a road I should have avoided.

Sarge

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19richie66

We were on the same train 😂

Racinbob

Tile work in shower looks great Richie. You're getting there. :handgestures-thumbupright::handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

:text-yeahthat:soon you’ll be able to get serious on Skittles and after putting in some hours on him, then you’ll be able to clean up in that awesome shower! :greetings-clappingyellow:

• Haha 1