19richie66

Skittles, the GT14

PeacemakerJack

Looking and sounding good my friend!  Keep at it and she’ll be driving you around in no time...:auto-layrubber:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Getting down to the nitty gritty. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Always a great feeling.

Looking pretty awesome there Richie!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aldon

It’s really a nice job of Re-engineering Ritchie. I’m looking forward to seeing it in person!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
6 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

it moves! She is strong feeling too.

:woohoo:               Moves pretty good, and those lights are blinding in the full sunlight!         :text-bravo:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Everybody bring sunglasses to the Big Show , I try to keep my bald head covered so no one will be blinded by the glare of the lights .

• Haha 4

PeacemakerJack
11 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Well it moves! She is strong feeling too. Still have some minor adjustments but should be good to go!

Sure sounds good Richie!  I know that it isn’t where you wanted it to be for the BS but hey—absolutely night and day difference from when you brought it home!  And, a few more weeks, maybe a month of elbow grease and it will be finished the way that you want!  I’m looking forward to getting pics with you and Skittles at the Show in a couple of weeks:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19richie66
29 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Sure sounds good Richie!  I know that it isn’t where you wanted it to be for the BS but hey—absolutely night and day difference from when you brought it home!  And, a few more weeks, maybe a month of elbow grease and it will be finished the way that you want!  I’m looking forward to getting pics with you and Skittles at the Show in a couple of weeks:handgestures-thumbupright:

I’m thoroughly over joyed that she came this far. I have more house duties after I get back so she will have to wait till later to be finished. She’s all together...... that’s what counts. Can’t wait to meet up. 👍

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

JPWH

Looks and sounds awesome Richie.

• Thanks 1

RandyLittrell

Looks awesome and sounds great!

Care to share the problem with the power steering? Interested since I want to add power steering to one myself.

Randy

Edited by RandyLittrell
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

@RandyLittrell The lines I made which come from the JD donor have press in o-ring fittings on the end where they go into the power steering valve. When my son welded the ends on, i took the o-rings off the outside but did not know there are o-rings inside also. You cannot get them out unless you grind off the flat flare at the end and slide off the collar. You replace the inner ring, slide the collar back on and replace the outer ring onto the tube. Then tou have to reflare them, beat them flat against the collar and then they should be good. All the steering mods I made I did without cutting anything stock so it can go back factory if need be. I didn’t have time to do all this plus the rest of what I needed to get her going. I was not going to PA without Skittles. It will go on again, later down the road. Right now she is fine the way she is and I just want to drive her.👍 I would be more than happy to talk to you on the phone if you wanted to pm me your number.

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

Added a volt meter. Also when you can’t find a good seat adjuster plate, you just fix the one you have. :handgestures-thumbupright:

5442A0B1-BC1E-4F18-9970-6E61A77ECB4D.jpeg

5C729B8B-04EE-4A0B-AEBC-ED4333AC93B3.jpeg

FE40DF0F-DC7B-4CA3-A331-C25BA5D0855A.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 7

WHX??

I was gonna say Ritchie you look like a pretty tall dude and a little cramped in the saddle. :)

Edited by WHX19
  • Like 2

RandyLittrell

@19richie66 I will shout at you when I'm ready to work on it, I would never remember if we talked now!  😎

• Haha 2

19richie66

No problem. I have lots of notes. 😂

• Like 1

19richie66

Welded up the seat adjuster plate, installed the seat base for a test fit. Still have to notch the adjuster plate for the trans dipstick. Hope to get me a seat this week. Also test fit the side cover. The lower guide is a little too long and is bent a little. Now I can put a little more downward bend in it where it sits below the pulley. It rubs the belt just a hair. Also have to make a mounting tab for the front that will slide under the battery tray. Had to cut the front tab off because my “replacement” engine doesn’t have the outer ring of mounting holes that a factory engine does. No big deal. Got it already figured out and will make it tomorrow.

481979D5-09CB-4149-88AB-DBF71A71145F.jpeg

C73C86A2-7739-47F9-89A9-46B25E246D79.jpeg

00565363-CB86-4106-9B78-DBC72D59A669.jpeg

• Excellent 8

ACman

Looking good Richie :woohoo:

• Thanks 1

19richie66

Thanks Jeff!

• Like 1

Aldon

If you want to start production on heavy duty seat adjusters let me know. I’ll be your first customer:-)

nice job!

• Thanks 1

19richie66

I can set you up but it will be after the show. 😁

• Haha 2

Achto

Great work Richie!! Looking forward to seeing Skittles in person

• Thanks 1

wallfish
1 minute ago, Achto said:

Looking forward to seeing Skittles in person

Me too!

But since it doesn't look like a rainbow anymore, think it needs one of those bumper stickers Richie. :ychain:

• Haha 2

RandyLittrell

Looking good @19richie66, nice looking welds and all!! My son just bought a Miller 215 multi matic machine and I can't wait to build something, it might actually make a welder out of me. 

Randy

• Like 1