19richie66

Skittles, the GT14

wallfish
6 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Plus I need to do some cleanup. I’m losing parts

When you loose enough of them, and then go look'n for that one you now need, you'll find enough others to build another custom and get inspired! BUT you need to get finished the project which needed the part you were searching for in the first place which is now the only part you CAN"T find. It's quite a conundrum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

953 nut
2 minutes ago, wallfish said:

When you loose enough of them, and then go look'n for that one you now need, you'll find enough others to build another custom and get inspired! BUT you need to get finished the project which needed the part you were searching for in the first place which is now the only part you CAN"T find. It's quite a conundrum.

Image result for deep thoughts

• Like 1

wallfish

@953 nutIs that just a polite way of say'n I'm full of --it? :ychain:

Edited by wallfish
  • Haha 5

19richie66

Lost me at conundrum :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 7

squonk

What's a tractor without a few dents! :occasion-xmas:

• Like 2

squonk

D82A253C-C5FD-473F-A8E9-DEBF882E5111.jpeg.49a3c60c4f10170194445443a1a33adb.jpg.31dbb51f6e643114255c50383e7a4736.jpg

I like the looks of that with just a motor, steering wheel, seat and a Rat Fink Shifter! :auto-swerve:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

squonk

Shoulda put the chair in it! :lol:

• Haha 3

Aldon

Looks great

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

953 nut

Gonna get a few questions about your Eaton from those who haven't been following along!

:confusion-confused:       5af779d54c376_1filter.jpeg.ac8bf8a3a0807febd61e7416e8abcf4c.jpeg       :ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

WHX??

Not a filter Richard ... that's the makings of the cup holder! :lol:

• Haha 3

19richie66

It wouldn’t fit on the other side with the 3point valve there. :mrgreen: Im sorry but I tried. :crying-yellow:

• Sad 1

RandyLittrell

Can't wait to see how your power steering set up works. I have a one from a super cub and it should be very similar. 

Looking good by the way! 

Randy 

• Like 1

19richie66
3 minutes ago, RandyLittrell said:

Can't wait to see how your power steering set up works. I have a one from a super cub and it should be very similar. 

Looking good by the way! 

Randy 

Thanks @RandyLittrell. It worked fantastic in the tractor it came out of so if it works like it did, I will be tickled red. The only problem I forsee is when my son welded the -6 fittings on the lines, I didn’t realize there are o-rings between the end fitting and the tube. I removed the outer ones but didn’t know about the inner. I thought the ends were part of the tube. Worse case I have to remove them and replace the o-ring and reflare and flatten the tube end. Already spoke to a guy that did the same thing to his cub 4x4 and he has had no problems since. We’ll see. 👍

• Like 3

19richie66
13 hours ago, WHX17 said:

Not a filter Richard ... that's the makings of the cup holder! :lol:

Not gonna lie @WHX17 I have thought about where to put one. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Achto

Been quietly following along. It's looking great so far. :bow-blue:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, Achto said:

Been quietly following along. It's looking great so far. :bow-blue:

:text-yeahthat:

And, what he said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

Thanks guys. 

• Like 2

bmsgaffer

That thing is awesome!

With all those hydraulics though on an Eaton, you may consider putting in a little thermostatic oil cooler and electric fan... I have a 522xi and the transaxle gets toasty hot with the power steering and the hydro rear end, and mine had a hard life running around a 60" deck for a guy who didnt care much. I think heat is the killer on these things. 

• Thanks 1

19richie66

Thanks Brandon. I have a 10” electric fan I thought about mounting in the fender panel blowing on the hydrostat fins. Not sure where I could mount a cooler without having to replumb it. May have room under the seat if I went with something like a small tranny cooler and computer sized fan. Thats the return side and I would possibly only need one more hose. Ill see how it goes. Also there was a sender in the bottom of the transaxle for a light I guess. Thought about putting in a trans heat guage using that hole. 

• Like 3

ebinmaine
8 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Also there was a sender in the bottom of the transaxle for a light I guess.

....Thought about ......

putting in a trans heat guage using that hole. 

Richie, I don't think that is a - thought about.

Especially in your warm climate.

The few bucks and a little time to put that sending unit in could really be a savings later.

• Like 1

19richie66

I promise Ill put one in but it may not happen till after the show. If I can get the cooling fan mounted at least it will be a plus till then. It’s raining all week so it gives me plenty of time to figure something out.

• Like 1

bmsgaffer
1 hour ago, 19richie66 said:

Thanks Brandon. I have a 10” electric fan I thought about mounting in the fender panel blowing on the hydrostat fins. Not sure where I could mount a cooler without having to replumb it. May have room under the seat if I went with something like a small tranny cooler and computer sized fan. Thats the return side and I would possibly only need one more hose. Ill see how it goes. Also there was a sender in the bottom of the transaxle for a light I guess. Thought about putting in a trans heat guage using that hole. 

I too have been considering putting a sensor to more accurately see the hydro temps, and while the XI technically has an oil temp gauge for the engine, its just "yellow-greeeeeeeeeen-yellow". I would really like some numbers to go with that. 

I am thinking about using electronic versions of these sensors (and other) and putting them all into a 'universal electronic gauge' so you can monitor them without adding a bunch of different gauges. Who knows, ive been talking about this for years though...

• Like 2

bmsgaffer

I cant remember if I saw it earlier in the thread, did you put the plastic fan back on the eaton pulley?  Without that belt driven fan I am not sure the Eaton would last very long, especially driving those huge tires!

Did you swap out the gear-sets in the transmission for the larger tires or are you going for the higher top speed? Also something I cant remember if its in the thread or not. 

I would love to see this thing in person. Someday maybe I will make it up to the big show when the kids are a bit older. 

• Like 1