19richie66

Skittles, the GT14

19richie66

Good idea!  I’ll have to see if I have any plate worthy of painting. 

• Like 2

ztnoo

How about calling it "Rastaman Vibration"???

• Haha 3

19richie66

Well today I have a set of Wheelhorse wind chimes swaying away in the sunshine. Amazing how quick this stuff sets up in the sun. Bake away. 41FB5564-B533-4894-98CC-A850401DD385.jpeg.a98552f8cb76f8ed0a6455056f43f7a4.jpeg

And the only thing left as a testament to how ugly this thing was. Someone went through a awful lot of trouble to get it this way. They actuallytook it apart to paint it the various colors. Sad. Oh well. She’s looking better already. One day I will pull her back apart and do it right but for now it will make her look good and last a lot longer. 

FC235C36-E2CD-4A86-A041-179C732E6AE5.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

19richie66

Getting closer.......👍 Really wish I could have sprayed it with automotive paint but this will have to do for a while. Either way she’ll look a whole lot better than her former self.

397BFEA2-F792-4134-B657-B0917B24B721.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4

fast88pu
On May 7, 2018 at 2:09 PM, 19richie66 said:

Well today I have a set of Wheelhorse wind chimes swaying away in the sunshine. Amazing how quick this stuff sets up in the sun. Bake away. 41FB5564-B533-4894-98CC-A850401DD385.jpeg.a98552f8cb76f8ed0a6455056f43f7a4.jpeg

And the only thing left as a testament to how ugly this thing was. Someone went through a awful lot of trouble to get it this way. They actuallytook it apart to paint it the various colors. Sad. Oh well. She’s looking better already. One day I will pull her back apart and do it right but for now it will make her look good and last a lot longer. 

FC235C36-E2CD-4A86-A041-179C732E6AE5.jpeg

Selling thee back tires in that photo? 

• Like 1

19richie66

Not sure which ones you are talking about. The ones just above your question are the ones I am running on this tractor. The goodyears on the 418 carcass are just holding it up till I can strip it the rest of the way down. They are tubed and hard as a rock but I will not be using them. The big fatties on the blue Gilson stay on it. I am trying to get a Kubota diesel to stuff in it. Its a shaft drive hydro that my dad and myself threw together.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

i get the feeling you are rushing this in order to have it at the BS Ritchie. Most of us would rather have you do it right the first time. There will be other BS's. Sides if worse comes to worse you can haul that carcass up that BMS wants the show R-4s off of and we can pull you around on it! :lol: Who knows maybe find a motor for it!

BTW forgot to wish you a happy sinkco de mayo! :laughing-rolling:

WHX??

LOL ...he's eyeballin those on the horse .... bet he thinks they would make good pulling tires!:rolleyes:

:hilarious:

Edited by WHX17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

19richie66

13DE4B08-FC2D-4C85-B16D-4582B9EA6CE5.jpeg.16c02ae74c327493fc3fb58b9dccf89a.jpegBack at you Jim! 

Everything will be as right as I can get it. the hood, fenders and all will not be painted. I will be doing all that sheet metal later. I am trying to get it going and Aldon has some parts for me so it will only get so far. She will still need a seat(Ed Kennel has a pan for me) and various other things. Hope to just get her running and moving under her own power. I don't know when I will be able to get back up there. Just trying to make it Jim. And Kyle will get those tires on the 418 if he wants them. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by 19richie66
Forgot Jim’s picture 😁
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 3
  • Haha 2

WHX??

Fine then ..... 2nd dibs one the one eyed bandit tires then if Kyle doesn't want them! :D

• Like 1

WHX??

Thanks Ritchie.....My gut is hurting from  laughing!:laughing-rolling:

• Haha 2

ACman

Man Richie I just saw a killer deal on CL for a 2 cylinder Kubota and Yammar . I’ll see if I can find them again and pass the info.

Edited by ACman
  • Haha 1

PeacemakerJack

:text-goodpost: yesssssir!  That’s what I’m talking about right there.  She’s coming together—looking good Richie...:handgestures-thumbupright: 

i love the wheel and tire combo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

AMC RULES

:handgestures-thumbsup:  I can already tell...

it's gonna need a new name. 

• Like 3

WHX??

Looks red Ritchie..... now what you need to do since it's a roller is tie it to the bumper of the car and have the Missus pull you up and down the road at say ...well legal speed .... takes the nubbies off those fronts real quick so you don't look like a :teasing-newbie:. Throw a piece of card board on her and you can lay down on it and steer bobsled style! :laughing-rolling: Oh...might want to wear some gloves!

Edited by WHX17
  • Haha 9

19richie66

@WHX17 I bought new razors. I’ll shave the nubbies off the tires. Had road rash before so the “pull the sled down the road” thing is out of the question. In the words of Boy George, “ Do you really want to hurt me?” :laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:  Shoot, all the paint might blow off it on the way up. 

Edited by 19richie66
  • Haha 9

WHX??

:hilarious:

10 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

words of Boy George, “ Do you really want to hurt me?” 

• Haha 1

Aldon

Ritchie, I’m likely in the same boat with my 22-8 project. I took a week off and never was able to work on it. Too many high priority tasks in front of it. And the weeks are blurring by. So I’ve just decided I’ll bring it in whatever shape it’s in when the time to load it up comes along.

• Like 5

Texas Todd

Sleep on it. I have been there.....

• Like 2

PeacemakerJack

Can’t wait to see Skittles and Aldon’s Grey Ghost in whatever state they are in at the Show. I’ll be looking forward to it...Richie I’m still following along:popcorn:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

wallfish
9 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

So after a couple painted parts got bumped, fell over and got scratched, I said the heck with it. Back together she goes.

Exactly why there are no trailer queens here. Too much babysitting and tip-toeing around it not to scratch the paint. Plus I suck at painting because of having no patience to sit and watch the paint dry.

9 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

I’ve come to a point where my ideas, abilities, resources and working environment have met up with reality

I'm still in the denial stage where everything seems possible and could probably use a big slap from reality. But dream'n is part of the fun too I guess. So many ideas, so little time = so many partially started projects.

• Haha 4

19richie66

So true John, so true. Back at it again today. Hope to get the engine set in it and wired up. Plus I need to do some cleanup. I’m losing parts :laughing-rolling:

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 2

WHX??
2 hours ago, wallfish said:

Exactly why there are no trailer queens here. Too much babysitting and tip-toeing around it not to scratch the paint. 

Built one once with thoughts of parking it in the living room for a easy chair. First thing off left a water mark on the hood from a adult beverage. Then let the grandkids climb on it. Said to heck with it and hooked up a plow and stuck it in the dirt.Heck we all know a guy who built a trailer queen once for the sole purpose of sticking it in the dirt!

Soldier on Ritchie and don't sweat the scratches & boogered up fasteners..... adds character. You can always name the paint runs and point out your favorites. I covered up a few of mine with Lowell's magnetic business cards! :)

• Haha 4