Blasterdad

Got another Horse!

jay bee

Nice job Bryan.  :greetings-clappingyellow:

Jim

Blasterdad

Thanks Jay Bee,

so far the only issue I've noticed is the deck carrier is bolted on upside down. :ROTF:

daveoman1966
13 minutes ago, Blasterdad said:

Thanks Jay Bee,

so far the only issue I've noticed is the deck carrier is bolted on upside down. :ROTF:

That, and the tall INDEX LEVER on the dozer blade A-frame is mounted backwards.

What else.... that is eaxctly my trailer too....identical.  

Edited by daveoman1966

Blasterdad
12 minutes ago, daveoman1966 said:

That, and the tall INDEX LEVER on the dozer blade A-frame is mounted backwards.

What else.... that is eaxctly my trailer too....identical.  

Good eye, hadn't noticed that yet, the plow is still in the back of my truck. :rolleyes:

The trailer is the perfect size for the Toyota. I love it.

Edited by Blasterdad

Blasterdad

Since we are playing "eye spy" I also noticed the offset on the front rims are different, the C-120 has a 32 inch stance, while the C-81 has a 36 inch. 

daveoman1966
4 minutes ago, Blasterdad said:

Since we are playing "eye spy" I also noticed the offset on the front rims are different, the C-120 has a 32 inch stance, while the C-81 has a 36 inch. 

Eye Spy"...   the tall INDEX LEVER is also missing the HANDLE GRIP.  ps...The round handle grip from the opposite side....lift handle from mower deck... will fit this lever, if you squash it flat to force it on, that is.  

Blasterdad
7 minutes ago, daveoman1966 said:

Eye Spy"...   the tall INDEX LEVER is also missing the HANDLE GRIP.  ps...The round handle grip from the opposite side....lift handle from mower deck... will fit this lever, if you squash it flat to force it on, that is.  

Thanks, good tip!

"Eye Spy"... rust holes in the bed of my truck! :ROTF:

• Like 1

daveoman1966

I have a 91 S-10 Long-bed with a 4.3 engine and love it.  My nephew, like you, has a 2nd or 3rd hand Toyota that her eally likes too, but the FRAME RUSTED OUT on it.  I think it is a 2003 or 2004.    Anyway... he bitched about it to Toyota and they...toyota...put an ENTIRE NEW FRAME under his truck....a complete frame.  That's incredible.  So, if you begin to see lots of rust, check it out with  Toyota. Even if you didn't buy the truck new... 

bslms

Does that tail light belong to an MG Midget?

Tankman

Nice Horse you picked up. Those 12 hp Kohlers keep right on going.

Very good price too!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 1

Blasterdad
19 minutes ago, bslms said:

Does that tail light belong to an MG Midget?

Another correct "Eye Spy"... Indeed, '72 RWA, (round wheel arch). ;)

the girls 016.JPG

the girls 019.JPG

the girls 020.JPG

6 hours ago, daveoman1966 said:

My nephew, like you, has a 2nd or 3rd hand Toyota that her eally likes too, but the FRAME RUSTED OUT on it.  I think it is a 2003 or 2004.    Anyway... he bitched about it to Toyota and they...toyota...put an ENTIRE NEW FRAME under his truck....a complete frame.  That's incredible.  So, if you begin to see lots of rust, check it out with  Toyota. Even if you didn't buy the truck new... 

The older Toyota's are famous for the frames rusting out, they finally issued a recall, so yes, I can take it to ANY Toyota dealer & they will replace it FREE.

I'm just waiting till it actually needs it...

• Like 1

Sarge

Keep a close eye on that recall , there is talk in the pipeline about it being stopped again , and good trucks being crushed as they did years ago with the buy back deal . I had a near-perfect '08 TRD Off Road but traded it due to the rear springs being so bad and they wouldn't cover mine . 300lbs and it would almost bottom out just sitting there...wow . It's too bad , other than the frame and those springs they are one very well built vehicle . Sort of like the 520 series Horse and the Onan with those crazy , irritating dash boards ...

Nice score , btw....

Sarge

T-Mo

I had a '87 Toyota until recently.  I sold it to a guy last week, who needed a truck, bad.  And he got a pretty good deal on it.  It has a factory 4 speed, carburetor and factory non-power steering.  The bed rusted through so bad that things would just fall through it.  So I put a flat bed on it a couple of years back.

010.JPG

011.JPG

• Like 1

smoreau

Looks like that the engine on that C160 is a replacement kohler engine being gray. Nice score on that tractor! 

• Like 2

dclarke

You did good on this haul, that's a nice outfit!

Blasterdad
8 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Keep a close eye on that recall , there is talk in the pipeline about it being stopped again , and good trucks being crushed as they did years ago with the buy back deal . I had a near-perfect '08 TRD Off Road but traded it due to the rear springs being so bad and they wouldn't cover mine . 300lbs and it would almost bottom out just sitting there...wow . It's too bad , other than the frame and those springs they are one very well built vehicle . Sort of like the 520 series Horse and the Onan with those crazy , irritating dash boards ...

Nice score , btw....

Sarge

3 minutes ago, T-Mo said:

I had a '87 Toyota until recently.  I sold it to a guy who needed a truck, bad.  And he got a pretty good deal on it.  It has a factory 4 speed, carburetor and factory non-power steering.  The bed rusted through so bad that things would just fall through it.  So I put a flat bed on it a couple of years back.

Thanks guys,

I've had countless Toyota pickups in the past, they run forever, but like to rust in half.:ROTF:

This one is a '94 bare bones model, manual steering, didn't even come with a passenger side mirror !

oliver2-44

I spy a gray Kohler engine which probable indicates it is a factory replacement.,,,,,,,,older horse newer engine good deal.  Post the engine spec and serial number and we can tell you year built. 

PS. A little polishing compound and that horse will look new

• Like 1

TIGman

Great find!! on the C-120 :handgestures-thumbupright:

Nothing like bringing home another Horse to the stable. ;)

Blasterdad
6 minutes ago, oliver2-44 said:

I spy a gray Kohler engine which probable indicates it is a factory replacement.,,,,,,,,older horse newer engine good deal.  Post the engine spec and serial number and we can tell you year built. 

PS. A little polishing compound and that horse will look new

That is what I thought too...

I haven't looked it up yet...

K301

Spec 47460

SN 2333515483

22 minutes ago, T-Mo said:

I had a '87 Toyota until recently.  I sold it to a guy last week, who needed a truck, bad.  And he got a pretty good deal on it.  It has a factory 4 speed, carburetor and factory non-power steering.  The bed rusted through so bad that things would just fall through it.  So I put a flat bed on it a couple of years back.

010.JPG

011.JPG

Great job on the flatbed! Love the bumper too!:handgestures-thumbupright:

KC9KAS

Nice score with the C-120 and attachments. A snow plow WITH snow attached!

TravelinJavelin

AWSOME C-120 and a hell of a deal ...........dam north east price on that would be $500 to $700 on average! nice original shape from what I can see too!

can whlvr

the seat looks decent too,thats rare

Blasterdad

Decided to flip the deck carrier over the right way & check the belt Monday, this is how it looks as of last night. :rolleyes:

deck 001.JPG

deck 002.JPG

deck 003.JPG

deck 004.JPG

deck 005.JPG

• Like 2

ohiofarmer

Good on you for cleaning that deck. Look at all that rust under the belt guard

What happens is all that dust combines with moisture and turns to rust. then the belt tensioner slide bar gets frozen and the deck belt has no shock absorber. Those little Delrin slides wear down and also they leave a gap under the slide bar for dirt to gather

What i do is get a piece of Formica and make a full suspension slide that fits under the slide bar. I throw a wad of synthetic grease under it [to prevent rust] and use plumbers clear silicone grease on the top and slide bar after polishing the underside of the slide bar. Just cut some slots in the Formica to keep it in place between the tensioner bolts. The deck belt lasts forever or close to it

I don't use belt guards and blow the mowing chaff out every few mowings, but that is your call on the belt guards. Congrats on a really great buy!