sscotsman

Ebay search suggestions?

sscotsman

Hey everyone, im going to be looking for my 2nd Wheel Horse tractor this year! (I'll make a new "wanted" post soon here in RS..thats how I found my first one!) but this question is about ebay searching.

I look on local Craigslist a lot, and I also like to do "followed" searches in ebay, so that ebay automatically emails me when something comes up that fits the search. Setting the "local" part isnt a problem..the problem is, if I do a search for:

Wheel Horse Tractor

Then set the "within 100 miles of my zip code", I do get local results, but I get this:

64 results..not one of them is an actual tractor..its all parts.

And if I did a followed search on that, Ebay would email me virtually every day, whenever a new part is listed, and that is useless to me.

Anyone know how I could only get actual tractors to come up?

Quotes wont work, like

"Wheel horse" tractor

Or

"Wheel horse tractor"

Because those will still bring up a ton of parts..

I need something else, but I dont know what..has anyone ever found a method?

Thanks,

Scot

Edited by T-Mo
No linking to ebay ads per rules.

953 nut

The way asking prices on :techie-ebay: have been going the past few years it is outrageous, your best bet is right here. In the months leading up to the"Big $how" you will see some great deals offered and you can take delivery at the show.

• Like 3

BaySide1

eBay Fees keep going up. That contributes to some of the higher prices.

TDF5G

I check ebay occasionally.  I search with wheelhorse as one word, it will bring up more results because it includes the sellers that use the single word, which is incorrect as we know, instead of the correct two words wheel horse.  Then at the left side you can choose a category, to narrow it down instead of looking at thousands of items.  If I'm looking for a particular item, I will enter wheelhorse shaft, for example, or wheel horse knob, or what ever item I'm looking for to make less results.  I'm not sure what you would enter to see just entire tractors.  

If you want to follow all Wheel Horse items on ebay, I would suggest making a search to follow of "wheelhorse" then you will get your notifications after setting them, which I don't know how to do.  I only receive notifications on items I'm watching.  Or just check in each day and check out the newly listed items until you see things you remember from the previous day.  I do this periodically.  

• Like 1

Dennys502

I've noticed a couple of sites on eBay from Michigan that are buying tractors and stripping them down to the last bolt and selling them as parts. Great for someone who needs a part but in the long run will decrease the number of units left which will eventually drive up prices also. It's not just wheel horse - looks like whatever they can get their hands on.

No doubt there are others out there doing the same thing.

• Like 2