Kavint76

B80 is home now

Kavint76

I finally got the b80 home n started checking it out. The starter was sticking n would not turn the 10hp kohler over so i tour it apart cleaned the commentator n brushes up i rubbed the bushings with a little lube n it fired rite up. Someone who dont know much made a bracket for the throttle way to big n it made a few tinny holes on the carb bowl so i had to fix that. I had to rob a seat from my neighbor because it did not have one on it. I made new rod for the front hood support other then that it just needs a little tlc.this tractor goes pretty darn fast for only being a 4 speed I love it though. I do have a few questions like how do u check the rearend fluid n what does it take in it.thnx in advance for any assistance. It wont let me post any pics ill try to make new topic n c if i can then.

• Like 2

Retired Wrencher

Kavint76  These are great tractors I have flipped a bunch of these. You will enjoy it very much. Enjoy.

can whlvr

congrats,the level is checked with the square pipe plug on the rear,left side of tranny,most models have a dip stick but lots don't also,if it were me I would drain it ,an allan plug under the tranny,might have to clean away dirt to find it,drain it,flush it with diesel,run on jack stands for 10 min,then drain it,i lift the front of the tractor quite high to do this to get over a ridge inside the tranny,then replace with new 80-90 gear oil,2 quarts,pretty cheap insurance really,and check the shifter boot,probally needs repaceing,this keeps water and dirt out of the tranny,the boots were still available from toro,or online

• Like 1

Kavint76

Thnx for the advice i did drain it n flushed it. The fluid in it looked like chocolate milk so it definitely had water in it. I do need a boot for the shifter.

• Like 1