HORSE RIDER

my 312 A

HORSE RIDER

First time on here, need some help I have a 312A on flat ground moves great, any type of incline won't move very well,it is a 1986 any ideas? thanks

953 nut

:WRS:   Is this a recent acquisition with a problem or is this a problem that has suddenly appeared or been developing over time. We need a bit more history on this to provide a worthwhile answer. 

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

HORSE RIDER

Thank you for your kind welcome, it is a recent purchase, person who I bought it from said it sat about a year in garage, I think it was her grandfathers moves great front and back till it hits a incline

Ed Kennell

Check the keys in the axles and the tranny drive pulley.   If any one of these keys sheared, it will move with no load, but will slip under load.

HORSE RIDER

Ed, Thank you I will check these items in the morning

953 nut

One thing that is important with Hydro transaxles is that the engine be operated at, or near full wide open throttle; this is important for cooling.You didn't mention any routine servicing having been performed. I would suggest that in addition to checking the key-ways you should change the transaxle fluid (10W30) and replace the filter (NAPA 1410) and inspect the pulley and drive belt and if needed buy a new drive belt. A new air filter and spark plug are always a good idea too.

This manual should be helpful.

oldredrider

Just to be clear, the 312A has the Eaton 700 transmission.  No oil filter. No hydraulics.

Edited by oldredrider
  • Like 1