wGraves

My 1991 312-Hydro

wGraves

Hello everyone! I've been checking out the forum or a year or so now and finally decided to join up.  I got my 1991 312-Hydro from my Grandmother In Law a few years back when we purchased our first home and this little tractor has shocked me. It has never failed to start and do it's job.  Now that I'm hooked I started looking for the attachments for this little guy.

How rare is the tiller attachment for this? I've seen a few but it seems they are pretty scarce.

I would love to pick one up to do some gardening and some landscaping around my house. Maybe a restoration will come this this guy in the near future.

Any tips and tricks would be much appreciated .

On a side note I may have found it too late but I'm second in line to go check out a 87ish 310-8 with a tiller and snow blade for $400. Hopefully I can pick that up!

Thank!

unnamed.jpg

• Like 8

T-Mo

:WRS:

Nice looking 312-H.  Tillers are out there, a few show up here in our classified section from time to time.  If you can jump on that 310 deal, go for it.  You will be getting a couple of good attachments that will fit both your 312 and the 310.

muz123

Your 312H looks great. The tiller is more common than the special pullys you need on the mid mount. 

• Like 1

clueless
5 minutes ago, T-Mo said:

Nice looking 312-H.  Tillers are out there, a few show up here in our classified section from time to time.  If you can jump on that 310 deal, go for it.  You will be getting a couple of good attachments that will fit both your 312 and the 310.

The 310 would be the better way to go, if you can get it. A good tiller and every thing you will need to connect it could easily cost more than $400.00. If you don't have room for it the JD could go outside, it does look like a nice JD though. 

wGraves
Just now, clueless said:

The 310 would be the better way to go, if you can get it. A good tiller and every thing you will need to connect it could easily cost more than $400.00. If you don't have room for it the JD could go outside, it does look like a nice JD though. 

That's my Father IN Law's JD. He recently had the motor rebuilt in it. Thing is a beast for what it is.

Ed Kennell

Hydros  rule, and the hydraulic lift means it has the better 1100 Eaton transmission. 

Nice all around tractor that can handle a blower or tiller.   I just don't understand why Toro put those tiny 6" wheels on the front.

$400 is a steal for the 310.

TDF5G

Nice looking Horse.  Attachments shouldn't be hard to find for that tractor.  

T-Mo
1 hour ago, wGraves said:

That's my Father IN Law's JD. He recently had the motor rebuilt in it. Thing is a beast for what it is.

The JD looks like a 3X5 series, which are great machines.

KC9KAS

@wGraves :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

Wishin4a416

Welcome to the forum. Nice machine! Tillers are pretty accessible. Keep an eye on CL and if you could make the Big Show, Im sure you could pick one up there.

• Like 1

TIGman

:text-welcomeconfetti:to:rs:

Great looking 312-H you have there.:handgestures-thumbupright:

I picked up a 1990 312-H last weekend.

;)

IMG_20170219_121756972.jpg

Edited by TIGman
  • Like 3

Ed Kennell

My '91 312H was working hard today.

IMG_7111.thumb.JPG.5ef91c84fac258516e6d05a1d136581d.JPGIMG_7112.thumb.JPG.bbc7b2db998d42b7c1aa5660baf865ef.JPG

• Like 4

wGraves

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Went today and checked out the 310-8. Got it,the plow, and tiller for $350. Going to have the carb gone through as it won't start but is getting fuel and spark. I'll post some pictures tomorrow after I pick the tractor up. 

• Like 1

wGraves

Here she is. Even came with all the original Paperwork! It was purchased in 1985 for $2400.. Had the motor replaced in 1992. It's not running but hopefully I'll get it cleaned up and get everything looked over. 

IMG_20170226_083521758.jpg

IMG_20170226_083545244.jpg

• Like 3

wGraves

IMG_20170226_134657380_zpsaa8oxfp8.jpg

Cleaned up the 312-H this weekend.  Really shocked with how it came out. 

• Like 5

Zeek

Nice tractor, I love hydros!

dcrage

Very good deal on the 310-8 with the tiller!  The tractor with the 42" (?) SD deck is worth that much (I am assuming you will get it running shortly.)

wGraves

Picked up another this past weekend. Believe it's an 1987 or higher due to the m10s motor. Had an ignition switch problem. Got it up and running. Just have to put it all back together now.  My wife now thinks I have a problem...whoops. 😂IMG_20170305_155502655_HDR_zpsrij773wa.j

Edited by wGraves
  • Like 4

clueless

Problem, I don't see no problem, anybody here thing he has a problem?

Ed Kennell

He definitely has a case of the WHA.    Is that a problem.....:confusion-shrug:

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Very nice first machine to.  :text-welcomeconfetti::wh:

Spoiler

Glenn

chip61
5 hours ago, clueless said:

Problem, I don't see no problem, anybody here thing he has a problem?

Yes, he needs more tractors!!!!!   :ychain: