ClassicTractorProfessor

Small welding project today

953 nut
6 hours ago, Professor1990 said:

I built the stand for it

KIMG0173.JPG.f7c26ab59030eefe1365c692086496bb.JPG Reading your post I saw the chair and figured that was the stand you built!    NICE!      :ychain:

6 hours ago, Professor1990 said:

Still have to get it painted

:no:   Oil it down, celebrate the patina!    :handgestures-thumbupright:

PS, your wife is becoming a great welder, nice work from both of you.   :text-coolphotos:

• Like 3

AMC RULES

:handgestures-thumbsup:  Looks great, is it yard art?   :handgestures-salute:

Might add some solar, LED lights to make it pop. 

• Like 5

ClassicTractorProfessor

Thanks guys. Think I may need to hunt around the repair shops around here for more flexplates. I've already had two or three people ask me if it's for sale.

This is where the idea stemmed from...we have buckets of old rusty pliers and things too but couldn't find enough to go all the way around...so laid out the horseshoes and decided we liked it better anyway

10b31f37f5ce68503df34d40a4b82e55.jpg

• Like 4

AMC RULES

Neat stuff.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

obone

Kind of looks like a giant throwing star. Got to be careful at night with that around. It's a good thing to teach other people how to do stuff until they take all your work away. I hope you still get to have some fun. Your project looks like a character in a game I play a big flower. Neat job.

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

Built this one today for a late Valentine's present for the wife.

KIMG0177.JPG

• Like 4

ranger

Made this for a friend as a Christmas gift, some of the shoes are from a pony he bred, which we now own, so some sentimental value there. Painted with wood stove paint, then cured by putting it in front of a diesel space heater for a while.425.thumb.JPG.f339c177886fd4a71ca0debaa33937dc.JPG427.thumb.JPG.0759dfc9b32dd6fdcab60517b458e8ef.JPG430.thumb.JPG.14c816686bc9f760bfb0c70b9f2d2114.JPG422.thumb.JPG.6a0bc6456800100dd4bb4644a06b6c14.JPG432.thumb.JPG.893086593ba9dce8f5eecd929607744a.JPG

Edited by ranger
  • Like 3

Digger 66
1 hour ago, ranger said:

Made this for a friend as a Christmas gift, some of the shoes are from a pony he bred, which we now own, so some sentimental value there. Painted with wood stove paint, then cured by putting it in front of a diesel space heater for a while.425.thumb.JPG.f339c177886fd4a71ca0debaa33937dc.JPG

With a little tweaking that ^^^^ could be a cool wine-bottle rack too ....

• Like 2

ranger

Nice bit of artwork Mr & Mrs Professor1990, and "recycling" to boot!  Things like these made from old used/ worn items that have a 'history', always look much nicer than ones made from new parts, we see this kind of art for sale over here, but made from new bits they seem to lack "character". That's My opinion anyway!

Doug.

smoreau

Very cool use of horse shoes!  I've had a job to make handles for kitchen cabinets a wile back out of horse shoes and that was neet, but yours is much more creative and I like it a lot. Thank you for sharing. 

Coadster32

Great work and creativity!

ClassicTractorProfessor

Thanks everyone...I make some metal art from time to time to sell...but only do horseshoe art as a hobby since my dad makes and sells all sorts of cool horseshoe pieces...don't want to cut into his profits. That boot rack is really neat. Got bored out at the shop couple days ago so I built another flower, as well as a piggy bank I've been promising my nephew for the last three years.

KIMG0129.JPG

KIMG0178.JPG

• Like 2