pfrederi

Charger/Electro Gas Tank Question

pfrederi

I have 4 Charger/Electro machines.  There are 3 different gas tank set up on the 4 machines.  All "look " to be original..but you never know with 48/9 year old stuff.  The problem child is the one with the black tank.  It won't sit tight.  Some PO had stuffed some carpet under it but it still vibrates a lot.  The hood stand shelf is long enough for a bigger tank like the red plastic ones but there is no hole in it for the spring hold down used on the plastic ones.  The hold down on the black plastic tank looks to be factory but the tank looks smaller than the parts manual shows.  Final confusion teh parts manuals for all three 1969s show the same diagram (metal strap hold down) and do not show the red tank with the spring hold downs...

Confused ...I am

The metal tank with the short shelf is a 1968 the other three are 1969s.

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

squonk

That last pic is the same as my 1267 

rj35hunter

The last one with metal tank is the setup up until early 68 before they switched to the red plastic tank with longer platform which ran until 73 and then in 74 they went to the black plastic tank same size. My early 68 Raider 12 is just like the last pic too which is before they switched. The first black plastic tank I'm not sure of but would also like to know. 

Here is my 68 Raider 12 for comparison which is completely original 

IMG_1430.JPG

Edited by rj35hunter
  • Like 2

pfrederi

Nice machine!!!

• Like 1

evanloock

The 1st tank is the style used on the early vertical shaft tractors...i.e. Charger V8, Commando V7, etc.  Looks like a later replacement as the original ones were red.

Edited by evanloock
  • Like 2

woodchuckfarmer

My 1972 commando 800 has the short tank too