Zeek

Need a Vote on This . . .

roadapples
24 minutes ago, ACman said:

Those are are some sweet machines and pics don't do them justice  :bow-yellow: .

They look just as good up close...:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

rmaynard

Raider 12

Retired Wrencher
8 hours ago, Zeek said:

Thanks for all the input so far! 

Craig - I like the idea about the fuel lines . . . that was one thing I was trying to figure out with the "extra scratch clips".

Zeek I used you to use stick on window seal about 1" wide  worked great. Very nice tractors well done. enjoy them either way.

Edited by Retierd Wrencher
  • Like 1

elliot ness

Don't put them on ether. I have a climate controlled living room they should be in. I would keep them safe for you.:happy-jumpeveryone:  But if you must use them, the 1276.

• Like 3

rjg854
12 hours ago, Zeek said:

So I received my pristine NOS hub caps from a friend (non-forum) in Indiana. 

I am going to put them on either:

1972 Raider 12

20150207_162826.thumb.jpg.57a263130d425672b49e9cd3954c5dee.jpg

or my 1966 1276

IMG_1793.thumb.JPG.bfaf582f311314086bdca1a4776adc6d.JPG

58ae2ea0a520e_20170222_1804541.thumb.jpg.d99a36620a2fe0a3d6e25b21e6e187f3.jpg58ae2eaa8bcda_20170222_1931081.thumb.jpg.c01d8cdd1b0bedcd8d1a9c125a6bb6f6.jpg

So if this were your choice, WHICH tractor would you put them on?

Let me know what you think.

Both tractors look perfect just the way they are, really!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

dclarke

I'd have to say the Raider 12, Zeek...... Those tractors almost hurt my eyes they shine so much, beautiful!

• Like 4

Anglo Traction

Well Zeek, you beat me hands down on the workmanship on both machines (Works of Art).

If I had to decide, I would fit them to the Raider.......... Even though it has Dust Covers on the front, and the Chrome Covers as already mentioned, are the later unpainted logo versions.

My reasoning is that you would have to keep pulling the front ones on the 1276 every time you needed to check the pressures (outside valves).

What a dilemma to find yourself in !!. :bow-blue:

• Like 2

Zeek
8 hours ago, cschannuth said:

When did WH switch from the painted horse baby moon style caps to the all chrome style pictured above?

I know the painted center hubcaps with the Wheel Horse emblem were produced before the one's I have and I would have preferred to have a set of them for the earlier 1276, but I was unable to find a presentable set so far.

8 hours ago, ACman said:

After much thought :think: ...1276 gets my vote :handgestures-thumbupright: ! But with saying that I also think it deserves a grader blade to show off those hydraulics .

Those are are some sweet machines and pics don't do them justice  :bow-yellow: .

Now that is a great idea! Not sure why that never occurred to me until you said it :confusion-scratchheadblue: Time to go on the hunt for one :techie-ebay:

If anyone here would consider selling one, please let me know.

It looks like the 1276 has the most votes and was kind of the way I was leaning, but it is interesting hearing different thoughts about them. I suppose I'll try the fuel line/window trim method so they can be switched without screwing up the wheels, because if I get my hands on a set of the older painted center hubcaps, I'd probably put them on the 1276 and the newer ones on the Raider.

6 minutes ago, Anglo Traction said:

Well Zeek, you beat me hands down on the workmanship on both machines (Works of Art).

If I had to decide, I would fit them to the Raider.......... Even though it has Dust Covers on the front, and the Chrome Covers as already mentioned, are the later unpainted logo versions.

My reasoning is that you would have to keep pulling the front ones on the 1276 every time you needed to check the pressures (outside valves).

What a dilemma to find yourself in !!. :bow-blue:

Good point! Thanks for checking in old friend, good to hear from you :thumbs2:

• Like 3

AlwaysLookin80

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Zeek those horses are just beautiful.  I sure like the looks of that wood grained Wheel Horse sticker on the 1276 hood.  I'm going to be doing a freshin up on my 876...got to get a hold of Terry Dennis.  Anyway, I vote for the 1276.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 2

Terry M
1 minute ago, stevasaurus said:

Zeek those horses are just beautiful.  I sure like the looks of that wood grained Wheel Horse sticker on the 1276 hood.  I'm going to be doing a freshin up on my 876...got to get a hold of Terry Dennis.  Anyway, I vote for the 1276.  :occasion-xmas:

I guess I will be a "Copy-Cat" ....I vote for the 1276..

• Like 2

ACman

I've had this idea :techie-idea: in my head for my 520H build (details coming soon) which I want the older hubcaps but as you know are hard to come by . I was wondering if @Vinylguy (Terry) could make some inlays for the newer hubcaps . I do have access to a vinyl plotter but she's super busy . This way there's no painting involved and wouldn't be permanent . What your guy's  :twocents-02cents: on this..?

IMG_1692.thumb.JPG.0325b6dada5d9388e562057ad1445517.JPG

could be be a tedious job for both Terry and the end user to apply . Red or black (or combination of both) pinstripes in the circles , Wheel Horse letters  in black or red , the horse in red with the black wheel with six black dots for the center . Personally I think they would be :wicked: looking !

Edited by ACman
  • Like 4

Zeek

1 hour ago, ACman said:

I've had this idea :techie-idea: in my head for my 520H build (details coming soon) which I want the older hubcaps but as you know are hard to come by . I was wondering if @Vinylguy (Terry) could make some inlays for the newer hubcaps . I do have access to a vinyl plotter but she's super busy . This way there's no painting involved and wouldn't be permanent . What your guy's  :twocents-02cents: on this..?

could be be a tedious job for both Terry and the end user to apply . Red or black (or combination of both) pinstripes in the circles , Wheel Horse in black, the horse in red with the black wheel with six black dots for the center . Personally I think they would be :wicked: looking !

Hmm, that sounds interesting.  I like the fact you could remove them so you could keep the caps in original condition.

• Like 1

WildHorses

Those are hubcaps from later models so personally I don't think they belong on either tractor. I'm not a huge fan of the hubcaps in general though. 

• Like 1

Tankman

Put 'em on either Horse then, get another set! Makes sense doesn't it?  :ROTF:

WH-Moons.jpg.472b6ad93f1560560d1f20d1a3fa3a8e.jpg

• Like 8

Zeek
5 hours ago, danielbaute said:

Those are hubcaps from later models so personally I don't think they belong on either tractor. I'm not a huge fan of the hubcaps in general though. 

I have to admit, I used to be anti-hub cap as well . . . then I turned 50 and got an AARP card and thought it's time :ychain:

Seriously, I was having issues with those red caps on the front wheels of the 1276. As soon as they got a little grease on them, they would expand and fall off. So I thought I'd try something different for a while for a different look. Since they are removable, I figured this might work.

• Like 3

Zeek

Thanks for the mounting ideas. I found a section of rubber trim that I used for around the hood rest on my Cub. It fits good and I think I can probably adjust it by prying either in or out on the tab a bit.

I tried a little rubber cement on one to start to hold the trim on. It may not be necessary. The clips were fairly easy to get off with the exception of one or two. I'll see how they fit tomorrow and post a picture. Thanks for the opinions:handgestures-thumbupright:58af80c65abaf_20170223_1818101.thumb.jpg.8c742d8381354e3b796d75bdede87a42.jpg20170223_185028.thumb.jpg.0f09e4ad2f966c6bd26c82a4fde74dff.jpg20170223_185018.thumb.jpg.01ac88779da03aedf70dc9113c13812b.jpg20170223_185546.thumb.jpg.2f39e6a13c31fab3489bbfe4d6fce5c5.jpg

• Like 6

AMC RULES

:scratchead: I personally can't see how...

mounting up a set of NOS :wh: hub caps to either of those two tractors...

could possibly be considered a bad thing.  :confusion-shrug:

• Like 4

Zeek
1 minute ago, AMC RULES said:

:scratchead: I personally can't see how...

mounting up a set of NOS :wh: hub caps to either of those two tractors...

could possibly be considered a bad thing.  :confusion-shrug:

Guess that's why I put it out to vote.  I figure the answers would vary. That's what I love the best about attending tractor shows, especially ones that have all brands (don't worry the WHCC is by far my favorite), I like seeing why some did this or did that and why they picked the particular tractor they have, etc. I kind of thought guys would differ on the which tractor with that particular style cap. I'm picky, but I'm not "hard core purist" on things like bolt heads (sorry Jim :P), etc. Depends on what it is. Either way I liked all the varied replies :handgestures-thumbupright:

5 hours ago, Tankman said:

Put 'em on either Horse then, get another set! Makes sense doesn't it?  :ROTF:

WH-Moons.jpg.472b6ad93f1560560d1f20d1a3fa3a8e.jpg

Nice caps!! So where do you live and when won't you be home? 8-) :ychain:

• Like 6

jellyghost

1276!

ClassicTractorProfessor

Two sweet looking :wh: there, and even sweeter looking hubcaps. Although they would look great on either tractor, I have to say my vote also goes for the 1276.

• Like 1

dells68

I personally think the Raider.  It is just one classy looking ride!

• Like 1

slim67
On 2/22/2017 at 7:42 PM, Zeek said:

So I received my pristine NOS hub caps from a friend (non-forum) in Indiana. 

I am going to put them on either:

1972 Raider 12

20150207_162826.thumb.jpg.57a263130d425672b49e9cd3954c5dee.jpg

or my 1966 1276

IMG_1793.thumb.JPG.bfaf582f311314086bdca1a4776adc6d.JPG

58ae2ea0a520e_20170222_1804541.thumb.jpg.d99a36620a2fe0a3d6e25b21e6e187f3.jpg58ae2eaa8bcda_20170222_1931081.thumb.jpg.c01d8cdd1b0bedcd8d1a9c125a6bb6f6.jpg

So if this were your choice, WHICH tractor would you put them on?

Let me know what you think.

Those tractors are immaculate ! I think you need to post pics with the hubcaps on each one if you can do it without scratching your wheels. What size front tires are on the 1276?

• Like 1

Zeek
2 hours ago, slim67 said:

Those tractors are immaculate ! I think you need to post pics with the hubcaps on each one if you can do it without scratching your wheels. What size front tires are on the 1276?

They are both 8".  That's a good idea except I just got back from a show and did my "strategic garage parking" and have the Raider back in a corner kind of parked in under a large shelf covered up :unsure:

ACman

Talked with ACcuz's wife last night about putting the vinyl on the hub caps. She said it's possible but she'd have to play around with it to get it right . So hopefully between Terry and her I may have a set done before the show :handgestures-fingerscrossed: .

• Like 1