ohiofarmer

Custom light switch for multiple lighting solutions

ohiofarmer

I had the gas tank off the raider 10 for some maintenance and decided that now was the time for some lighting upgrades because the rear of the dash was easy to get to. I had a on-off-on switch laying around that gave me two circuits with just one switch. I am relacing the missing headlight system with a new LED and also easy to direct LED side lighting. Circuit one will have just the headlight and a rear power outlet for the electric spray pump. Circuit two will add the side lights to the head light.

I think you get the idea. The dash stays neat and uncluttered and you have a cool little accessory for little money. I found a free switch on a junk Murray mower so the idea came from the fact that it was a on-off-on switch. I will put pictures up when i get the lighting mounted.

• Like 3

N3PUY

Ummm......  The up on position will have the  "Circuit one will have just the headlight and a rear power outlet for the electric spray pump."  OK, I understand that.

BUT.. "Circuit two will add the side lights to the head light.?????

When you flip from circuit one to circuit two you will be turning off the headlights and turning on just the side lights.

Unless the switch is not just an on-off-on switch it won't work like you think.

You won't "ADD" the side lights to the headlights.:think:

doc724

Ohio Farmer has either a SPDT (single pole double throw) or a DPDT (double pole double throw) switch.  As long as he wires the headlights to both "throws", his idea will work just fine.

N3PUY

will work if it's a DPDT.... will not work with a SPDT. :(