Sign in to follow this  
briankd

brinly plow question

briankd

plowed my garden yesterday went real well question I have is the chain from rock shaft to clevis hitch. plow only would go 5 inches deep have a manual lift and while plowing lift handle all the way at bottom when I go to grab it it has no slack it has pressure so linkage won't let it go any further down.

only have 3 links in my rock shaft chain is that right ?maybe 4 link but afraid won't lift plow enough

this c-120 did great plowing but need some weight had front end in air 8 inches but never lost traction.

never plowed with something this small grew up on farm we plowed with 5-18" bottom plow with 140 HP tractor

20170219_151132.jpg

20170219_153916.jpg

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

This should be the correct chain on the rockshaft to sleeve hitch(and I added the extra holes in the hitch to fine tune to my box blade and root rake), as the one you're picturing looks to be modified for the tiller, also made this front weight hanger to keep the front down when plowing ect, Jeff.

IMAG0392.jpg

IMAG0388.jpg

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 2

obone

briankd,

I could not find the link. There's one in the manual section for agricultural attachment. Plus you can go to Brinly's web site and download the plow manual. It goes over how to adjust it.  Or you can do a search under the attachment section.

• Like 1

farmer

I would say realistically 6 inches is maximum depth for a 10 inch plough, also clearance when raised would be maybe 6-8 inches so your pretty close. 

And of course balasting the tractor makes a big difference. Good to see someone in the garden! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

briankd
10 hours ago, obone said:

briankd,

I could not find the link. There's one in the manual section for agricultural attachment. Plus you can go to Brinly's web site and download the plow manual. It goes over how to adjust it.  Or you can do a search under the attachment section.

I have the manual for this plow P.O. had this plow on an C-160 I just threw it on my C-120 at a wim and decided to plow the garden will get out the manual and go thru the adjustments but with the shorter rockshaft chain it would only let it go down 4-5 inches. i have 2 more gardens to plow about an acre so will get it dialed in and I have an forty acre field across the road from my house to play in :) when the weather cooperates 

Edited by briankd
  • Like 1

T-Mo

5 inches for a 10 inch plow is about normal.  6 inches would be the max, I would think.  You can adjust the depth of the plow also.  Here is the manual.

Brinly_10in_Integral_Hitch_Plow(PP-510).pdf

plow_setup.pdf

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

This is from the TORO WH clevis hitch manual, Jeff.

Screenshot_20170225-080406.png

• Like 1

briankd
13 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

This is from the TORO WH clevis hitch manual, Jeff.

Screenshot_20170225-080406.png

one question maybe dumb but when using the clevis hitch middle hole can use stabilizer bolts but when using the left or right outside holes one of the bolts won't contact the implement hitch. what then make a plate up so it will contact on something? also it says there not to stabilize moldboard plow I did mine so it didn't flop back n forth. will plow straighten out once it starts to dig in ?

WVHillbilly520H

OK on the Brinley plow you have 3 holes left center right, when you use the left or right hole the stabilizing bolts don't draw up against the back of the clevis as is does in center hole as they ride beside the clevis and could cause binding or the stabilizing bolts to shear on one side hope this makes sense, Jeff.

Sarge

The plow will follow without an issue once it contacts the ground - setting it up can be a challenge but when they are right it's a fun day to roll some sod in the garden with them . The track width , height of the hitch are all factors as to which hole to use in your hitch - it just takes reading the manual and some simple measurements . Wider rear axles and tires make it a challenge to set them correctly but it can be done .

Sarge

briankd

Thanks for all the advice guys!! I'm going to wait till it dries out here then I will get out in the field and get this setup. garden kind of plows too easy need to get out in some harder ground  Thanks Brian