Sign in to follow this  
FlatbedAndy

D180 followed me home!

FlatbedAndy

D180 my latest horse. Not sure what I'll do with it yet. Tempted to install a Kohler 17 off of a 417H but open to Ideas and advise on weather the 17 would work. First thing I had to remove that "farmerized" hyd. lift from the rear. Tires go down. I have some 6 hole 15x8 implement wheels that fit. The steering wheel was flattened beyond repair, and I was able to get it off with a puller and lots of heat! I did learn that the splined shaft accepts an EZGO steering wheel, but I like something more "tractor like"

IMG_1092.JPG

IMG_1090.JPG

IMG_1094.JPG

• Like 1

pfrederi

It is a D160 and from the look of the thing mounted on the pump coupling I might guess it had an Onan 16 twin.  I would take a close look at teh hydro before i went to far along.  If it was worked hard and treated to farmer treatment (some farmers maintain equip well but many tend to be occupied with other things. that may be an issue for you.

• Like 1

FlatbedAndy
2 hours ago, pfrederi said:

It is a D160 and from the look of the thing mounted on the pump coupling I might guess it had an Onan 16 twin.  I would take a close look at teh hydro before i went to far along.  If it was worked hard and treated to farmer treatment (some farmers maintain equip well but many tend to be occupied with other things. that may be an issue for you.

10-4 on the maintainance  , I know the axle pivot and the bell crank are worn (loose steering) an there's a fan under the seat that would blow on the oil lines, don't know if that's original.  Tag says: 91-160501-11108        8335    must've been a senior moment thinking it was a D180

Edited by FlatbedAndy

"D"- Man

The fan {partly visible in the 3rd pic} is original equipment, it should have a thermocouple switch wired in series, that clamps to the hydro manifold line.  Here is a picture of the one I am putting in my 23 Automatic.IMG_20160419_224558085.thumb.jpg.7c9da6b96c37da28081cfce919e47907.jpg

• Like 1

gwest_ca
On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎20 at 5:55 PM, FlatbedAndy said:

10-4 on the maintainance  , I know the axle pivot and the bell crank are worn (loose steering) an there's a fan under the seat that would blow on the oil lines, don't know if that's original.  Tag says: 91-160501-11108        8335    must've been a senior moment thinking it was a D180

Model number is 91-16OS01

9=1979

1=garden tractor

16=engine horse power

O=Onan engine

S=Sundstrand hydro

01=numbers zero one and the parts list identifier

Garry

Tankman

The Horse just followed you home? A likely story from someone with WHA (Wheel Horse Addiction).

Did anyone believe your story?   :ROTF:

Texas Todd
On 2/21/2017 at 9:12 AM, Tankman said:

The Horse just followed you home? A likely story from someone with WHA (Wheel Horse Addiction).

Did anyone believe your story?   :ROTF:

Well, that is technically accurate. Mine have all followed me home on the trailer which was following my truck.....:auto-swerve: