AMC RULES

Definitely has the :wh: look.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 2

dclarke

Nice shed, Terry! I need one of those. 

• Like 1

Sparky

Very nice!!

Like you I could use some extra "out of the weather" storage room.

Mike........

• Like 1

T-Mo
44 minutes ago, dclarke said:

Nice shed, Terry! I need one of those. 

There's plenty of them out there.  This one is a Derkens.  I was thinking a 10 x 20 economy one, but after more research, though they're priced better, they have 2 x 4 floor joists on 24 inch centers.  This one has 2 x 6 floor joists on 16 inch centers.  I'm just not crazy about having 2 x 4 floor joists and the extra 8 inches between them.

I could have built my own, and made it bigger, but the time and effort wasn't something I wanted to do.  It would have been cheaper to build myself, but this is easier.

Here are a couple of brochures for your reading pleasure.

2895 TN, MO, KY.pdf

AllSteelCatalog.pdf

• Like 1

WHX??
19 minutes ago, T-Mo said:

about having 2 x 4 floor joists and the extra 8 inches between them

Good choice T-Mo, that floor would be ok for light stuff but would sag with heavier GT's.

We call these yard barns and lots of them for sale around here. Local Amish build & sell a nice one & will build one to your needs. Good choice for storing tractors or anything for  for us guys that hate to store their stuff outside. Biggest issue tho is have to move everything out to get a tractor out in back, I always thought having one with doors on both ends to alleviate this problem. Good choice on the metal too..... maintenance free!  

I've got one I built many years ago with pretty much left over & repurposed materials from an addition on the house. Will have to snap some pics for some members that might want to build their own. Looking at your brochure It would be close on price as far as the materials would cost and would take a few weekends of sweat equity to put up.

• Like 2

T-Mo
11 minutes ago, WHX9 said:

Good choice T-Mo, that floor would be ok for light stuff but would sag with heavier GT's.

We call these yard barns and lots of them for sale around here. Local Amish build & sell a nice one & will build one to your needs. Good choice for storing tractors or anything for  for us guys that hate to store their stuff outside. Biggest issue tho is have to move everything out to get a tractor out in back, I always thought having one with doors on both ends to alleviate this problem. Good choice on the metal too..... maintenance free!  

I've got one I built many years ago with pretty much left over & repurposed materials from an addition on the house. Will have to snap some pics for some members that might want to build their own. Looking at your brochure It would be close on price as far as the materials would cost and would take a few weekends of sweat equity to put up.

Yes, building one would be time consuming, plus gathering and buying all the materials.  It seems like I make my build list and then go to the lumber yard and pick up everything on my build list, only to find I neglected something or ran into a problem, or perhaps an upgrade, so it's off to the lumber yard again.  And when you only have weekends, it's just makes sense to just buy a prefabricated one.

• Like 4

WHX??
5 minutes ago, T-Mo said:

so it's off to the lumber yard again.

Which is 45 minutes away for me ....I knew I should have bought two boxes of those nails or  a window here would be really nice! :wacko::huh:

Yours is pay, plug & play Terry!

Edited by WHX9
add
  • Like 2

ACman

Think you made the right choice T-MO ... level spot , poof instant shed and I like the old barn look too :handgestures-thumbupright: . Your  :wh:Horses will surely  appreciate it .

maxiblue

nice I could use one of them maybe even 2  :ROTF:

tunahead72

That's a nice looking barn Terry, and thanks for the links.  I'm losing my storage space for my motorcycle, and I'm thinking about a steel carport like the ones in your second link.  There's another company around here that makes very similar buildings, called American Steel Inc.  I've seen several of their buildings locally , they seem to be very well made.  Here's a link to their web site in case anybody's interested:

http://www.americansteelinc.com/

briankd

I bought a carport 7 years ago company from north Carolina came out put it up 3 sides and I put the end in it with a 7 by 9 foot garage door the thing is 20' by 20' around 2300 bucks in it total . I love it.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:rolleyes:  :wwp:

:text-coolphotos:

stevebo

Terry-

You made a good decision with the loft. You can always build your own addition:ph34r: ... You never have enough room. Looks real  sharp.

Zeek

I like the exterior. Seems like that will hold up better to the elements!

Wishin4a416

Nice!!!!!!

Ken B

Very nice! I hope to some day soon add something similar to help solve my storage issues....

T-Mo

New Horse Barn arrived at my house about 2:30 pm yesterday.  Took about an hour and half to unload, move it to the spot I wanted, and get it leveled.  The Mule that he had did most of the job, and as the driver said, that thing is the most amazing invention to jobs like this.

No pictures of the shed in it's new location.  I took the day off from work and after walking 4 miles in the morning, I spent the rest of the day until the barn arrived cleaning up the property.  By the time the driver left, I was pretty tired.  Hopefully this evening, the barn will be occupied with some residents.

T-Mo

I got 4 of the horses in the barn.

IMG_0642.JPG

• Like 2

RandyLittrell

Terry, I am pretty serious about buying one of these myself. Are you happy with it? Would you have bought a different/bigger one?

Randy

T-Mo
On 3/2/2017 at 7:27 PM, RandyLittrell said:

Terry, I am pretty serious about buying one of these myself. Are you happy with it? Would you have bought a different/bigger one?

Randy

Sorry, Randy, I missed your question, but I think I answered most of your questions via PMs.  And yes, you're always going to wish it was bigger.  But the only thing I wish was that I spent an extra $500 and got the roll up garage type door.

If you're serious about buying, go to the places that have them in stock and look them over and talk to the dealers.  Try several different dealers as each dealer may have a different manufacturer.  They can get quite pricey on the bigger units and with more options.

RandyLittrell

I think I have settled on the Derksen like you,the local dealer says they build them in warrensburg, so I may take a little road trip and check it out and ask more questions. 

Randy

• Like 2

T-Mo
16 hours ago, RandyLittrell said:

I think I have settled on the Derksen like you,the local dealer says they build them in warrensburg, so I may take a little road trip and check it out and ask more questions. 

Randy

Good plan.  You can see up close and personal, not only the build, but the materials used.

classicdmax

I built this last fall for a customer, 12'x12'. 3/4" advantec over 2x6pt. Used 9 solid concrete blocks for footings. 2x4 walls 16"oc, 2x6 roof 16"oc. Sliding barn doors and 1 window. Loft over half floor footprint. T111 siding, Finger jointed red cedar trim. Perimeter also got 1/4"X1/4" galv mesh down 10" below grade, 10" out to keep rodents from residing underneath. These aren't cheap to build right. Also did a 12x16 with an attached 8x16 lean to a couple years back same setup. Unfortunately I cannot upload the pic for some reason sorry

Here we goIMG_0452.thumb.PNG.907a5fcbeeb394bda0a7432e470ecfdb.PNG

• Like 2

RandyLittrell
7 hours ago, classicdmax said:

I built this last fall for a customer, 12'x12'. 3/4" advantec over 2x6pt. Used 9 solid concrete blocks for footings. 2x4 walls 16"oc, 2x6 roof 16"oc. Sliding barn doors and 1 window. Loft over half floor footprint. T111 siding, Finger jointed red cedar trim. Perimeter also got 1/4"X1/4" galv mesh down 10" below grade, 10" out to keep rodents from residing underneath. These aren't cheap to build right. Also did a 12x16 with an attached 8x16 lean to a couple years back same setup. Unfortunately I cannot upload the pic for some reason sorry

Here we goIMG_0452.thumb.PNG.907a5fcbeeb394bda0a7432e470ecfdb.PNG

Looks good, you did a nice job!! 

I have the ability to build it myself, but just had my second knee replaced and decided I should stay off of ladders and roofs! So I am just gonna buy one. 

Randy